jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a permit from a real estate loan intermediary


You need a permit to work as a real estate loan broker if you are a professional

  • Real estate consumer loans within the meaning of § 491 paragraph 3 of the Civil Code or
  • want to mediate appropriate financial assistance against payment within the meaning of § 506 of the Civil Code.

Real estate consumer loans are loan agreements between an entrepreneur as a lender and a consumer as a borrower, which are secured either by a mortgage or a real burden or which are intended for the acquisition or maintenance of ownership of land or buildings.

You also need permission to work as a real estate loan agent if you

  • want to arrange financial aid for a fee, or
  • Wish to advise third parties on real estate consumer loan agreements or corresponding financial assistance for consideration.

Please contact the responsible county or city.

Permission to become a commercial real estate loan intermediary is granted to you if you:

  • are reliable,
  • live in orderly financial circumstances,
  • be able to prove professional indemnity insurance,
  • have successfully passed a competency examination at a chamber of industry and commerce or can prove this required competence by means of an equivalent professional qualification.

For the examination to grant permission to act as a real estate loan intermediary, you must submit the following documents:

  • a certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority
  • an excerpt from the Central Trade Register
  • if applicable, a certificate in tax matters of the tax office
  • if applicable, a clearance certificate from the municipal tax office
  • an extract from the debtor register of the central enforcement court
  • if applicable, information from the insolvency court on the absence of insolvency and the rejection of the opening of proceedings for lack of assets
  • Proof of professional indemnity insurance
  • proof of the required expertise
  • for legal entities and commercial partnerships: an extract from the commercial register

1. Application for permission

To work as a real estate loan consultant, you must submit an application to the competent authority upon presentation of the necessary documents. Depending on the federal state, this is the trade authority or the Chamber of Industry and Commerce. Individuals (natural persons) apply for the permit themselves or through authorized third parties. In the case of legal persons, the application is made by their legal representatives or by third parties authorised in writing.

2. Notification of permission

Permission will be granted to you in the form of a permit notice.

3. Entry of permission

After taking up the activity as a real estate loan agent, you must immediately submit an application for entry in the register in accordance with § 11a paragraph 1 of the Trade Code.

When registering, you must decide whether you want to be registered as a real estate loan agent or as a fee-based real estate loan consultant.

§ 34i Gewerbeordnung (GewO), §§ 1 - 5 Immobiliardarlehensvermittlungsverordnung (ImmVermV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found