jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a civil partnership certificate


If you have registered a civil partnership and need a new civil partnership certificate, you can apply for this at the registry office. To do this, please contact the registry office where the civil partnership was established.
The civil partnership certificate proves that you have established a civil partnership and contains the first names and surnames at the time of establishment and before, the place and date of birth of the civil partners and the place and date of establishment of the civil partnership.

You can request a civil partnership certificate at any time from the registry office in whose area you established the civil partnership.

You can obtain the civil partnership certificate in the following forms:

  • Civil partnership certificate
  • Certified printout from the civil partnership register

A certified printout from the civil partnership register shows all the data entered by the registry office in connection with the conclusion of the civil partnership;

You will receive the certificate, including any marginal notes, either as a

  • a new printout from the electronic register (if already held by your registry office) or
  • as a copy or verbatim copy of the civil partnership entry from the civil partnership register.

In addition to the details, the printout also contains any subsequent changes, such as dissolution notices.

Civil partnership certificates contain personal data, so their issue is subject to data protection restrictions.
You are eligible to apply under the following conditions:

  • You are at least 16 years old
  • You are one of the civil partners to whom the certificate relates
  • You are the parents of the civil partner
  • You are a child of the civil partner

Other persons, including close relatives such as siblings, aunts and uncles, will only receive a certificate if they can credibly demonstrate a legal interest.
If the civil partnership was established abroad, you must first have it certified in Germany.

To apply for a civil partnership certificate, you will need

  • Your identity card or passport
  • if applying for or collecting by a representative: written authorization from the authorized person, their identity card or passport and the identity card or passport of the representative
  • for other persons, proof of their legal interest

Costs may be incurred for the issue of a certificate. Please contact the relevant registry office.

It usually takes 2 to 10 days to process the application.

You can file an application for a court decision with the local court responsible for the registry office.

Please contact the registry office.

If you are entitled to apply for a civil partnership certificate or a certified printout from the register, you can submit the application in writing and electronically to the registry office that has subsequently certified the civil partnership:

The registry office will check the application and authorization and then issue you with the certificate or the certified printout from the register.

If the civil partnership data changes, for example due to a change of name or dissolution of the civil partnership, the civil partnership entry is supplemented by a subsequent certification. A new civil partnership certificate can be issued upon request.

Senator for Internal Affairs, Department 23 - Civil Status Law, of the State of Bremen

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found