jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Re-accept birth names


You have divorced or ended your civil partnership and would like to change your name? If your maiden name or name used before marriage or civil partnership was not a surname (married name or partnership name), you have the following options:

  • You can accept your birth name or the name used until the marriage name is determined.
  • You can prepend or append the following names to the married name:
    • your birth name or
    • the name used at the time of the declaration on the determination of the married name.  
  • You can drop a companion name that precedes or is appended during the marriage.
  • divorce or
  • Termination of the civil partnership
  • passport or identity card,
  • upon appointment at the registry office, which maintains the marriage register, additionally:
    • final divorce decree,
  • in case of appointment at another registry office additionally:
    • certified expression from the marriage register and the final divorce decree, or
    • certified expression from the register of marriages with registered divorce.

Please contact the registry office.

You can submit the declaration of the name change to any registry office. You must have them certified either by a notary or by a registrar. The declaration takes effect as soon as it arrives at the registry office.

You will receive a certificate of name change.

The marriage register and the birth register will be updated.

no technical approval

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found