jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for the designation of a child


You can change your child's name if your spouse is not the child's parent and you want your child to receive your married name.

  • The spouses have a married name and live with the child in a common household.
  • One spouse has custody, the other is not the parent of the minor child.
  • The other parent must agree to the name change if they also have custody.
  • Birth certificate child
  • Identity cards or passports
  • Marriage certificate
  • Declaration of consent of the other parent with custody
  • Proof of custody
  • If applicable, the child's declaration of consent

In individual cases, further documents may be required. You can ask for this at the registry office.

Please contact the registry office.

You can submit the declaration of the name change to any registry office. You must have them certified either by a notary or registrar. The declaration takes effect as soon as it arrives at the registry office.

You will receive a certificate of name change.

The marriage register and the birth register will be updated.

If you or your spouse or child do not speak german, you must call in an interpreter at your own expense.

no technical approval

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found