jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Weapons and ammunition Apply for a permit to maintain customs


If you as a traditional shooter need weapons and ammunition to maintain customs, a need for their acquisition and possession is recognized. The permit is limited to single-loader long guns and up to three repeating long guns as well as the ammunition intended for this purpose. As proof you need a certificate from the Customs Protection Association that you need these weapons to maintain the customs. An indication of customs is a long-standing tradition and practice. The use of weapons may only be a necessary part of the maintenance of customs and not the predominant purpose.

  • You have reached the age of 18.
  • They are reliable within the meaning of the Weapons Act.
  • They are personally suitable within the meaning of the Weapons Act.
  • You are knowledgeable within the meaning of the Weapons Act.
  • You have a need within the meaning of § 16 of the Weapons Act.
  • Proof of your expertise
  • Proof of your needs by proof of the Customs Protection Association
  • Proof that your weapons and/or ammunition are safely stored

Administration fee: EUR 50

Advertisement Purchase and transfer: within 2 weeks

Please contact your county's weapons department. If you live in Dessau-Roßlau, please also contact the weapons authority.

If you live in Halle or Magdeburg, please contact the respective police headquarters.

You can obtain permission as follows:

  • You submit an application and submit the necessary documents
  • the necessary documents will be checked, if necessary you must submit further necessary documents,
  • Your age, your reliability, your personal suitability, your expertise and your needs are checked (§ 4 paragraph 1 numbers 1 to 4 WaffG)
  • the decision on weapons law is made.

Ministry of the Interior of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found