jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a VAT booklet


Entrepreneurs who sell their goods in Germany on markets, on public roads or from house to house, i.e. who operate a so-called travel business (outpatient business) in accordance with § 22 (5) of the German Value Added Tax Act, are obliged to keep a VAT booklet in accordance with an officially prescribed form and to record their turnover and input tax there.

The VAT booklet must be submitted to the competent authority before the start of the activity.

  • Residence in Germany
  • Personal appearance at the time of application
  • Identity card or passport
  • Confirmation of registration as proof of residence
  • Travel trade card, if available

The VAT booklet is issued free of charge.

The issuance of a VAT booklet must be applied for before the start of the activity.

Please contact your responsible tax office.

An exemption from the obligation to keep the VAT booklet applies to entrepreneurs who:

    • operate a commercial establishment in Germany and properly comply with the recording obligations, or
    • their turnover is taxed at the average rates for agricultural and forestry holdings, or
    • trade in newspapers and magazines, or
    • are legally obliged to keep books or voluntarily keep books

Bavarian State Ministry of Finance and Homeland

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found