jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request introduction of alien and locally absent species in aquaculture.


If you operate an aquaculture business and intend to introduce non-native fish species or translocate alien species, you must apply for a permit from the competent authority of the EU member state. In Germany, the upper fisheries authorities of the respective federal states are responsible. The competent authority will review your application and decide whether it is a routine or non-routine procedure. Depending on the decision, further circumstances/environmental factors are examined. Permits can only be issued if the risk assessment, including any risk mitigation measures, shows a low environmental risk.

  • They are an aquaculture operator or aquaculture operator.
  • The fish species and non-target species they wish to introduce/relocate must not result in negative ecological impacts.
  • Documents and information according to guideline in "Annex 1" of the EU regulation (see link Basis for action). The following information, among others, must be provided in the application:
  • Description of the project
  • Potential impact on native species
  • Measures to minimize these impacts
  • Name of the organism to be introduced/relocated, indicating genus, species, subspecies, etc.
  • Characteristics of the organism
  • Objectives and rationale for the introduction
  • The geographic area affected by the introduction; documentation for approval of a contingency plan for non-routine introductions and pilot phases ("Appendix I - G. Management Plan").
  • If applicable, information on risk mitigation measures must be provided

The costs are very much dependent on various factors, especially the effort. The costs can be requested in advance

The submission of the application does not depend on a specific deadline. However, with regard to the processing time, you should submit the application at least 6 months before the planned project. The competent authority usually has 6 months to process the application. Applications can also be submitted for multiple movements (introduction/relocation) over a maximum period of seven years.

  • Objection
  • Complaint

State Administration Office

  • You submit the application for import/relocation in writing to the competent authority.
  • They additionally submit all information and documents according to Guideline Annex 1.
  • The authority examines their application and decides whether it is a routine or non-routine procedure.
  • Permits can only be issued if a risk assessment, including any risk mitigation measures, indicates a low environmental risk.

The application must be submitted prior to the introduction/translocation of non-native or alien species. Some species are exempt from the permit requirement. A list can be found in Annex IV of the Regulation.

State Office for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas (LLUR)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found