jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for construction or modification of a facility on a surface water body.


If you want to construct or substantially alter a facility on a body of water, you can apply for a permit. The facility may be on, over, under, or in a body of water.

Facilities may include, but are not limited to:

  • Bridges
  • Crossings
  • Culverts
  • Watercourse crossings with supply or disposal lines
  • Construction work on the watercourse
  • Pipeline routes parallel to the watercourse
  • bank stabilization and property fencing
  • footbridges
  • embankments
  • Land filling and land clearing.
  • The water body will not be damaged.
  • The watercourse can continue to be maintained.
  • General information about the applicant
  • Project description
    • Nature and purpose (see application)
    • Information on the expected costs of the planned project
  • Technical data on the construction project:
    • Construction plans of elevations, ground plans, longitudinal and cross sections (1:1,000 or 1:500)
  • Information on the location of the project:
    • General map (1:25,000)
    • Site plan with color coding of the site and the affected watercourse
  • Indication of affected public traffic, supply and disposal facilities.

You must provide the plans with an explanation of the signs. You must refer the elevation data to absolute elevation values (Normalhöhennull (mNHN)).

Please check with the lower water authority in your county or independent city. Many districts and independent cities offer you a corresponding form for this purpose.

The determination of the costs of the water law permit is based on §§ 1 para. 1, 3 para. 1, 4 para. 1, 5 para. 1, 6 para. 1 and 14 of the Administrative Costs Act of the State of Saxony-Anhalt in conjunction with. § 1 of the General Fee Schedule of the State of Saxony-Anhalt (AllGO LSA) no. 163, tariff item 2.1.

Processing Time: 0 - 3 Months
The prerequisite is that the application documents are complete.

You can lodge an objection with the lower water authorities or file a complaint with the state administrative office as the higher water authority.

Contact the lower water authority of your district. For installations at dams and water reservoirs, contact the higher water authority (state administration office).

  • Written form required: Yes
  • Informal application possible: Yes
  • Personal appearance required: No

Please contact the lower water authority of your district or independent city for more information. Many districts and independent cities offer you a corresponding form for this purpose.

If you want to build a plant in, on, over or under a body of water or change an existing plant, you must obtain prior approval.
For this purpose, submit the application documents to the responsible lower water authority. Many districts and independent cities offer you a corresponding form for this purpose.
The responsible authority will check whether the project is not expected to cause any harmful changes to the watercourse and whether watercourse maintenance will not be impeded.
If the requirements are met, you will receive the water law permit for the requested project after the application documents have been checked.

For installations at dams or water reservoirs, please contact the State Administration Office as the higher water authority.

Ministry of Science, Energy, Climate Protection and Environment

MWU - Unit 22

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found