jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Registering prostitution activities for the first time


Since the Prostitute Protection Act came into force on July 1, 2017, binding regulations for the practice of prostitution have applied nationwide. Anyone who engages in prostitution in Germany is obliged to register with the authorities and receive health advice beforehand.

The obligation to register and seek advice applies without exception to all people who provide sexual services in return for payment. The health consultation and registration must take place in person.

A certificate of registration will be issued. This is valid nationwide.

Persons between the ages of 18 and 21 must have their registration certificate renewed after one year. For persons over 21 years of age, the registration must be renewed after two years.

  • Certificate of health consultation (not older than 3 months)
  • Identity card, passport, substitute passport or identity card
  • If you are a foreign national and are not entitled to freedom of movement, you must provide proof that you have permission to pursue employment or self-employment in Germany
  • 2 passport photos

You will receive a certificate as proof of registration.

An alias certificate can also be issued on request. The alias name is freely selectable.

You will receive the registration certificate within 5 working days.

You can lodge an appeal against a negative decision.

Contact the public order office in your district or city.

Prior to registration, a health consultation by the public health department is required. This must be repeated every 12 months, and every 6 months for under 21-year-olds. You will be informed about topics such as pregnancy, contraception, protection against diseases or the risk of alcohol and drug consumption. A certificate will be issued at the appointment. You must present this when registering for prostitution.

You will then register with the relevant district office. In an information and counseling session, you will be informed about your rights and obligations, health and social counseling services or the availability of help in emergency situations, among other things.

Both certificates - registration certificate and health consultation certificate - must always be carried when engaging in prostitution. Anyone who is unable to present any or only invalid certificates during inspections must expect to be fined.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found