jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for recognition as a paramedic with professional qualification from abroad


You can have a degree as a paramedic from abroad officially recognized in Germany. The procedure for recognition is called: equivalence determination.

Please note: Your degree must be state-recognized in the state of your training. Informal or non-formal qualifications cannot be officially recognized in Germany.

You apply for recognition at the competent office in the federal state in which you would like to work. To do this, you must submit an application with all the necessary documents to the relevant state authority.

When determining the equivalence, the competent authority compares your professional qualification from abroad with the professional qualification in the federal state. Important criteria for the comparison are the content and duration of the training.

You will receive a decision on the result of the procedure. The notice states the existing and any missing professional qualifications.

  • Equivalence of your professional qualification
  • You want to work in the state.
  • Health suitability: you are mentally and physically able to work in the profession.
  • Personal suitability: you are reliable to work as a paramedic and have no criminal record.
  • Application form
  • Curriculum vitae
  • Proof of identity (identity card or passport)
  • Proof of your professional qualification (e.g. certificates, professional diploma)
  • Proof of education
  • Evidence of professional experience as a paramedic
  • Proof of other relevant knowledge
  • Have you already applied for recognition? If so, please indicate the office to which you submitted the application.
  • Certificate of your place of business or registration certificate of your place of residence. Or prove: you work predominantly in the federal state.
  • Proof of your personal suitability: for example, certificate of good conduct or criminal record excerpt.
  • Proof of your health suitability: medical certificate

If your documents are not in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorized.

90,00 Euro plus postage

4 months

The competent office will acknowledge receipt of your application within one month. The competent office will inform you if further documents are required.

If you have submitted all the required documents, you will receive a decision with the result after 4 months at the latest. In certain cases, the competent body may extend the procedure.

You can take legal action (for example, file an appeal) against the decision of the responsible office within a certain period of time. The decision will then be reviewed. Details on this can be found in the appeal instructions at the end of your decision. You should first talk to the responsible office before taking legal action against the decision.

State Examination Office for Health Professions

You submit an application for equivalence determination to the competent office. You must submit all the necessary documents in the form of copies to the competent body.
The competent office will then check: Is your foreign professional qualification equivalent to the professional qualification in the federal state? In doing so, the competent body compares the qualifications with the help of certain criteria. Important criteria are the content and duration of the training.

The competent body also takes into account your professional experience, your other certificates of competence and qualifications when carrying out the equivalence test.

You will receive a decision with the result of the procedure. You will receive recognition if your professional qualification and the professional qualification in the federal state are equivalent.

If your professional qualification is not equivalent at all, you will not receive recognition.

Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Health and Equality of the State of Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found