jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for European Technical Assessment (ETA)


The European Technical Assessment is a product performance certificate. It proves that your product meets the requirements of the European Union. The ETA enables you to market construction products throughout Europe even if they are not covered or not fully covered by a harmonised standard. If your product complies with a standard, no product performance certificate can be obtained via an ETA.

The result of the ETA is the declaration of performance and the CE marking. This allows you to market your product throughout the European Economic Area, Switzerland and Turkey.

You can apply for an ETA for any construction product that is not or not completely covered by a harmonised standard.

Construction products are products that are permanently installed in structures. These can be, for example, steel, windows, beams, thermal insulation materials or waterproofing. Built-in cupboards, on the other hand, are not construction products.

However, the product may only be installed in a structure if it complies in particular with the requirements imposed on structures by the building regulations of the respective state.

The determination of the product performance shall be based on the assessment procedures laid down in the EAD and the assumptions, if any, contained therein under which the product performance can be achieved. In the absence of an EAD, the assessment body shall first develop one.

  • Technical file of the manufacturer
  • Documentation shall be provided indicating that a European Assessment Document (EAD) can be used as a basis for establishing the performance of the product or enabling such an assessment document to be developed.

Depending on the complexity of the product between about EUR 2,000 and EUR 30,000

Usually a few months, depending on the complexity of the product, the testing effort and the capacities of the inspection body to be involved.

Forms: Form for requesting the issue of a European Technical Assessment in accordance with Article 26 of Regulation (EU) No 305/2011.

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance required: no

You must apply for an ETA in writing:

  • Complete the form for requesting the issue of an ETA in full.
  • Send it to DIBt together with the required documents.
  • DIBt checks the completeness of your documents and clarifies whether there is already an assessment basis for your construction product in the form of a European Assessment Document.
  • If no (completely) applicable assessment document exists, an agreement on the protection of business secrecy and confidentiality as well as a contract for the issuing of the European Technical Assessment must be concluded.
  • A test plan is then drawn up and you receive a recommendation for a suitable testing institute.
  • You prepare the necessary test reports at an institute of your choice.
  • Finally, DIBt evaluates the test reports and issues the ETA.
  • DIBt recommends a regular technical review of the ETA and, if necessary, an adjustment to the state of the art.

Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Building and Home Affairs

No authority found