jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for admission to the amateur radio service


You need a license to participate in the amateur radio service in Germany. You can apply for this at the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA). The prerequisite is that you have passed an amateur radio examination in Germany or abroad.

If you have passed your amateur radio examination abroad, please also apply for recognition of your certificate. This step is not necessary if it is a harmonized international amateur radio examination certificate (HAREC).

The frequency ranges and maximum permissible transmission powers covered by your license depend on your amateur radio certificate. There are 2 different amateur radio certificate classes:

  • Class E and
  • class A.

With your license, you will also be assigned a personal callsign. The following personal data will be published in the callsign list and callsign query on the BNetzA website:

  • Your first name,
  • your surname and
  • your amateur radio certificate class in connection with the amateur radio call sign assigned to you.

If you do not object, the following will also be published:

  • Your address and
  • the location of your amateur radio station.

You can object to the publication of your address and the location of your amateur radio station by

  • stating this in the application or
  • objecting to this in writing at a later date.

You can specify callsign requests in the application for authorization. However, there is no legal entitlement to specific callsigns.

  • You are not practicing amateur radio for commercial purposes.
  • You have passed a German or equivalent foreign amateur radio examination.
  • You live in Germany.
  • You do not yet have a license for the amateur radio service. If this is the case, however, you must declare the renunciation of your previous license and the associated call sign when applying for the new license. You return your previous license certificate to the BNetzA.
  • Application form
  • copy
    • of your amateur radio certificate,
    • your amateur radio examination certificate or
    • equivalent proof, such as
      • an invalidated certificate of a German amateur radio license or
      • a harmonized amateur radio examination certificate (HAREC) according to CEPT recommendation T/R 61-02
  • if the above documents do not contain details of your current main residence: Registration certificate from the residents' registration office
  • if you are a minor: Certificate of authorization from your legal representative
  • if you are not a citizen of a member state of the European Union or Switzerland: Residence permit (copy)
  • If you apply for participation in the amateur radio service in writing by e-mail or post, you will also need the following means of identification:
    • a copy of your identity card on both sides or
    • a copy of your passport

For the period in which you are licensed to participate in the amateur radio service, the Federal Network Agency levies fees on an ongoing basis. The amount of these contributions is determined in accordance with the Frequency Protection Contribution Ordinance. The basis for determining the contribution rates is the actual expenses and costs eligible for contributions incurred in a calendar year for the respective user group. These can only be determined retrospectively. A contribution forecast is not possible.

There is no deadline.

  • Contradiction
    • Further information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notification or the fee notice.
  • Appeal to the administrative court

You can submit your application for authorization for the amateur radio service to the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) online or in writing by e-mail or post.

Online application:

  • Call up the online application on the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information. Complete the application in full online.
  • Submit your application online.
  • The BNetzA will check and process your application.
  • You will receive
    • your approval certificate and
    • a request for payment.
  • You transfer the fee.

Written application by e-mail or post:

  • Go to the BNetzA website and open the application form.
  • You can send the form either
    • fill it out directly online or
    • download it and then complete it.
  • Then send the signed application to the Federal Network Agency by e-mail or post.
  • The BNetzA will check and process your application.
  • The BNetzA will send you
    • a certificate of approval and
    • a request for payment.
  • You transfer the fee.

There are no indications or special features.

Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found