jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for the allocation or extension of the allocation period of a callsign for a remote-controlled or automatically operating amateur radio station


A remote-controlled or automatically operating amateur radio station is an unmanned amateur radio station that is operated remotely or generates transmissions automatically. These are, for example

  • Relay radio stations or
  • radio beacons.

You may only operate such an amateur radio station once you have been assigned a corresponding call sign. If you are authorized to participate in the amateur radio service, you can apply to the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) for the allocation of the call sign.

After receiving your application, the BNetzA will carry out a site-specific compatibility test for the frequencies you wish to use. This is to ensure that use is as interference-free as possible. The availability of the frequencies is based on:

  • Annex 1 of the Amateur Radio Ordinance,
  • international agreements,
  • international recommendations concerning the amateur radio service, insofar as they have been implemented in Germany,
  • existing and already approved uses in Germany and neighboring countries.

As the compatibility assessment is site-specific, you may only operate the amateur radio station at the site listed in the certificate of assignment.

In addition, you must be able to take your amateur radio station out of operation at any time at the request of the BNetzA.

With the call sign allocation, the following personal data will be published in the call sign list and call sign query on the BNetzA website:

  • Your name,
  • your amateur radio certificate class in connection with the amateur radio call sign assigned to you and
  • the location of your amateur radio station.

If you do not object, your address will also be published. You can object to the publication of your address by

  • stating this in the application or
  • object to this in writing at a later date.

Callsign allocations for a remote-controlled or automatic amateur radio station are always limited in time, usually to 1, 3 or 5 years. Callsign allocations can be extended before they expire by submitting a new application.

In the application, you can specify callsign requests. However, there is no legal entitlement to certain callsigns.

You are authorized to participate in the amateur radio service in Germany and therefore have a personal callsign.

  • Application

There is no deadline for the application. You must apply for an extension of the call sign allocation in good time before the allocation period expires.

  • Appeal
    Further information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notification or the fee notice.
  • Appeal to the administrative court

Before submitting your application, please carry out preliminary research into the availability of the frequency you are applying for. For example, with the help of

  • measurements,
  • observations,
  • recommendations,
  • specifications,
  • consultation with local radio amateurs and
  • the suggestions of amateur radio associations.

You can enclose a statement from an amateur radio association with your application, stating in particular why you have chosen the frequencies and which existing uses you have taken into account when choosing the frequencies. This makes it easier for the BNetzA to process your application.

You can apply for the allocation or renewal of a call sign for a remote-controlled or automatically operating amateur radio station online or in writing by e-mail or post.

Online application:

  • Call up the online application on the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information. Complete the application in full online.
  • Submit your application online.
  • The BNetzA will check and process your application.
  • You will receive
    • your allocation certificate and
    • a request for payment.
  • You transfer the fee.

Written application:

  • Go to the BNetzA website and open the application form.
  • You can either
    • fill it out directly online
    • or download it and then complete it.
  • Then send the signed application to the Federal Network Agency by e-mail or post.
  • The BNetzA will check and process your application.
  • The BNetzA will send you
    • an allocation certificate and
    • a request for payment.
  • You transfer the fee.

There are no indications or special features.

Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found