jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for voluntary insurance and voluntary supplementary insurance in the agricultural accident insurance scheme


As an agricultural, forestry or horticultural entrepreneur, you are subject to compulsory insurance under the statutory accident insurance scheme. This insures you against the consequences of accidents at work and on the way to and from work as well as occupational diseases.
In addition to this basic entitlement, there is the possibility of voluntary supplementary insurance for you as an

  • entrepreneur
  • and your accompanying spouse or partner. With voluntary supplementary insurance, you can adjust the cash benefits to your personal needs.

In addition, voluntary insurance is possible for

  • entrepreneurs of non-commercial beekeeping businesses
  • Volunteers who hold a special office in a non-profit organization, for example, on the board of directors. Requirements:
    • the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) is responsible for the organization and
    • you are not already compulsorily insured on the basis of other regulations.

An application is required for voluntary insurance or supplementary insurance. Insurance begins the day after the application is received by the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.
The SVLFG specifies the maximum and minimum insured sums for voluntary supplementary insurance. Within these limits, you are free to choose the sum insured. As a rule, the chosen sum insured should correspond to your actual financial circumstances. It forms the basis for calculating your contributions as well as the cash benefits in the event of an insured event.
The SVLFG regulates the details of the insurance, such as contributions and the calculation of cash benefits. The amount of medical benefits is not limited. This includes, for example, acute treatment and rehabilitation.
Whether the SVLFG is responsible for you depends on the type and object of your business or self-employed activity.

  • For persons working on a voluntary basis, the option of voluntary insurance only exists if they are not already subject to compulsory insurance.

The following evidence is usually required to verify insurance eligibility for volunteers:

  • Current version of the nonprofit organization's articles of incorporation/partnership agreement.
  • Proof of the non-profit status of the organization
  • Proof of election to an official position or assignment to a prominent task
  • Proof of his / her unpaid practice

The SVLFG will request further documents on a case-by-case basis.

There is no cost to you for registration.

There is no deadline.

  • Appeal
    For detailed information on how to lodge an appeal, please refer to the decision of the accident insurance institution.
  • Action before the social court

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

You can submit the application for voluntary insurance or supplementary insurance informally by mail, by fax, by e-mail by telephone or via the service portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.

The SVLFG also offers an application form for supplementary insurance:

If you want to apply by mail, email or fax:

  • Download the change form from the SVLFG website and print it out.
  • Mail the completed change form to SVLFG.
  • SVLFG will send you a notice about the start of the insurance.

If you want to enroll online:

  • Go to the SVLFG service portal. In the media center of the service portal you will find the application form.
  • Complete the application form in full and submit it via the service portal.
  • The SVLFG will send you a notification about the start of the insurance.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

No authority found