jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for farm and household assistance from the Agricultural Accident Insurance Fund


You are eligible for LBG farm and household assistance benefits if, as a result of an agricultural work-related accident or occupational disease, you are

  • you are unable to work or
  • inpatient treatment is necessary.

The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association ensures that your farm or household continues to operate, thus maintaining your basis of income. The benefits for farm and household assistance essentially cover work that cannot be postponed.

For this purpose, the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association either provides a qualified worker, which is called a "provided worker". Or you procure a replacement yourself.

The provided workers can be employees of the SVLFG or employees of other agencies, for example, a machinery ring or a farm relief service.

If you procure a replacement yourself, LBG will reimburse the costs for this to a reasonable amount. Maximum amounts apply. Please note that the costs for relatives and in-laws up to the second degree are not covered. The substitute must also be external to the company, i.e. he or she may not otherwise work in the company or in the household or help out to a significant extent.

In the case of incapacity for work, benefits for company and household assistance are possible for a maximum of 4 weeks, in the case of inpatient treatment for a maximum of 13 weeks. An extension is possible under certain conditions.

The Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG) provides benefits for farm and household assistance if

  • you are insured as an agricultural entrepreneur with the LBG,
  • you are unable to work or are hospitalized (for example, in a hospital) due to an agricultural accident or occupational disease, and
  • the benefits are necessary to ensure the agricultural business or household. The question of necessity is important in deciding whether and to what extent farm and household assistance will be provided.

Farm and household assistance benefits are also available for your or your

  • spouse or partner who is an employee of yours.
  • life partner.

Activities in non-agricultural parts of the company (subsidiary companies) are excluded from the company and household assistance.

  • Notification of factual information (LBG provides a form for this purpose)
  • in case of incapacity for work: medical certificate (LBG provides a form for this purpose)

No costs are incurred.

If LBG provides a qualified substitute, it will bear the full costs.

If a substitute cannot be provided, LBG will reimburse the costs for an external substitute procured by you to an appropriate amount. The cash benefits actually incurred will be taken into account; benefits in kind, on the other hand, will not be taken into account. Maximum amounts apply to the reimbursement amounts. The following shall be deemed reasonable: the proven expenses up to a daily maximum amount of 2.95 percent of the applicable monthly reference amount, rounded up or down to the next even euro amount.
You must pay a deductible to LBG for each day of service (day of service), regardless of the amount of the expenses incurred. You will be informed of the exact amount in writing.

There are no application deadlines.

  • Benefits for operating and household assistance are possible at the earliest from the date of notification of factual information.

LBG usually makes a decision within a few days. Certain reasons can extend the processing time, for example missing documents.

  • Appeal
    For detailed information on how to lodge an appeal, please refer to the decision of the accident insurance institution.
  • Action before the social court after an unsuccessful appeal

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

The Agricultural Workers' Compensation Board provides benefits ex officio.

  • Before starting the assignment of a substitute worker, you must provide LBG with certain information about yourself in the form of a "statement of facts." This is necessary in order to verify the following:
    • whether you meet the requirements for entitlement to the benefits
    • your operational or family circumstances.
  • This notification is not bound to a specific form, but the LBG provides a pre-printed form. You can download this from the LBG website and then fill it out.
  • If the benefit is to be paid due to incapacity for work, you must submit a medical certificate. For this purpose, the doctor can use existing forms in the practice; however, the LBG also provides its own form. Please note that you must see a transit doctor after an accident at work or on the way to work.
  • Send the documents to the LBG by mail, e-mail, fax or via the SVLFG service portal.
  • You will receive the LBG's decision by mail.

There are no clues or specifics.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found