jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a subsidy for the contribution to the agricultural old-age insurance fund


For smaller agricultural and horticultural businesses, but also for young companies in the start-up phase, the contributions to the old-age insurance fund can be a financial burden. This is where the contribution subsidy from the old-age insurance fund can help you.

The contribution subsidy reduces

  • your contributions as a farmer,
  • the contributions of your spouse or partner, and those of family members
  • and those of family members who work full-time on your farm, without reducing your pension later on.

You must apply for the subsidy. To receive the subsidy, you must meet certain requirements.

Eligible to apply are

  • Farmers and
  • their spouses or life partners.

The basis for the entitlement to a contribution subsidy are

  • the annual income of the farmer and
  • the annual income of their spouses or partners who are not permanently separated.

The amount of the contribution subsidy depends on

  • the amount of the contribution to be paid and
  • the determined annual income.

Up to an annual income of 30 percent of the reference value in the social insurance of the respective year, the subsidy amounts to 60 percent of the contribution. Thereafter, the contribution subsidy decreases linearly depending on the annual income.

The agricultural and forestry earned income is to be taken from the last income tax assessment issued by the tax office.

This applies,

  • if an income tax assessment has been issued for one of the last 4 calendar years

for farms whose

  • taxable profit is determined in accordance with the requirements for bookkeeping companies, or
  • whose profit is estimated by the competent tax authority.

Otherwise, the earned income from agriculture and forestry is derived from the so-called economic value of your farm. This calculation is carried out for you by the Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse.

The contribution subsidy ends as soon as the requirements are no longer met. You must therefore always report changes in income immediately.

As a farmer or the spouse of a farmer, you are subject to compulsory insurance with the Agricultural Pension Fund. You have received a notification of this.

You can apply for a contribution subsidy for your contribution and for the contribution for family members working with you if:

  • Your annual income does not exceed 60 percent of the reference amount in social insurance for the respective year.
    • The annual income is calculated from:
      • the annual income of the farmer and
      • the annual income of spouses or partners who are not permanently separated from them.
    • Half of the income is attributed to the spouses. The same applies to civil partners.
    • In total, the income in a marriage may not exceed twice the above-mentioned limit.
    • All types of income under income tax law are taken into account, as well as income in lieu of income, such as pensions or sick pay.
  • Application for contribution subsidy
  • most recent income tax assessment from the last 4 calendar years or
  • written proof of income earned in the calendar year before last.

If necessary, you can find out which documents are required in your case from the application form.

  • If the application is submitted by other persons:
    • Power of attorney or
    • Order of the court

No fees are charged for processing the application.

The contribution subsidy starts in the calendar month in which the requirements are met, if you submit the application within 3 months.

If you apply later, the contribution subsidy will start at the earliest from the calendar month in which you submit the application.

If the insurance obligation for the past is determined, the period begins with the notification of the decision on this insurance obligation.

  • An appeal against the notice of contribution subsidy can be lodged within one month (3 months abroad) of its notification.
  • If the appeal is not successful, there is the possibility of a lawsuit before the social court.

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: Yes

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: Yes

Online services available: Yes

You can apply for the contribution subsidy in writing, in person, by telephone or via online procedure. To meet the deadline, you can initially submit the application for exemption informally, for example by telephone.

Written application:

  • Download the application form from the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture website.
  • Fill out form completely and gather the required documents.
  • Send your completed and signed application with the required documents by mail to the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.

Apply online:

  • If necessary, register on the service portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture. Upon registration, you will receive your personal access data by mail.
  • Go to the service portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture and log in there.
  • Fill out the web form and upload the necessary evidence via the mailbox function. Once your details have been confirmed, your data will be transmitted online to the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.

Apply in person at the consultation meeting:

  • Compile the documents required for the application
  • Make an appointment at the Agricultural Pension Fund or an advisory office of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG).

Applying by telephone:

  • Call the service number of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture and ask to be connected to the person in charge of your case.
  • You will receive the form necessary for the complete application by mail or electronically.

At the end of the procedure, you will receive a decision on your contribution subsidy.

Note: A person you trust can also submit your subsidy application on your behalf. For this purpose, please submit an appropriate power of attorney to your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse. As long as the power of attorney is valid, your Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse will only contact your authorized person.

There are the following indications:

First of all, the application can also be informal in order to meet the deadline.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found