jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for people with disabilities who want to pursue training


If you require special assistance with vocational training due to physical, mental, sensory or learning impairments, you can obtain a vocational qualification in a recognized training occupation with rehabilitation-specific training. This can also be a specialized apprenticeship for people with disabilities. You will complete your training in accordance with the currently valid training regulations and their training framework plans.

You can then complete your training either

  • in the company with the support of an educational institution (in-company training)
  • or directly in an educational institution
  • or in a vocational rehabilitation facility

If the employment agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider, it will assume the costs for this.

The funding period covers the duration of the training, which is usually 2 to 3 years. If you have to repeat exams and your training period is extended as a result, the funding will also be extended.

In-company training

If you are undergoing in-company training, you and your training company can receive support. You will be supported in

  • Obtain an in-company training position,
  • successfully complete your training with needs-based socio-educational and, in some cases, psychological support, and
  • to obtain employment on the labor market afterwards.

An educational institution accompanies you throughout the entire training period with instruction, support and counseling services and helps you with problems at vocational school and in the company. Your training company also receives support services from your educational institution. You will conclude a training contract with the company and receive a training allowance from the training company. In addition, you are entitled to a transitional allowance or training allowance. However, your training allowance will be deducted from this. The costs of support from the educational institution are paid by the Employment Agency.

Extra-company training

If training in a company is not possible for you, you can do the training at an educational institution or in a vocational rehabilitation facility that is equipped to meet the special needs of young people with disabilities (extra-company training). Depending on the target group and equipment, the providers have their own training workshops, offices and factories with workplace designs suitable for the disabled and provide you with pedagogical and, in some cases, psychological support. Vocational rehabilitation facilities also offer housing and recreational opportunities and are available to answer occupational health questions.

The aim is for you to complete as much specialized practical training as possible in a cooperating company in your area that is authorized to provide training. At the same time, you will usually attend your local vocational school. You will conclude the training contract with your educational institution. This institution will support you throughout the entire training period with teaching, support and counseling services, coordinate the training process and help you with problems at vocational school and in the company.

You will determine the training objective in consultation with your advisor at the Employment Agency. At the end of the training period, you will take your examination before the relevant chamber. Your educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility will prepare you for it and also help you cope with learning stress and exam anxiety. During your training, you will not receive any training allowance. However, you are entitled to either transitional allowance or training allowance and you are covered by social insurance. The entire training costs are paid by the employment agency.

Whether you can undergo rehabilitation-specific training - supported by a company or outside of a company - depends on, among other things,

  • whether the measure is suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances of successfully completing training,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in your professional life,
  • which activities you would like to pursue, and

how the training and labor market is currently developing.

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • You have completed compulsory education but have not completed vocational training. A second vocational training can be supported if the completion of the second vocational training is necessary for your permanent professional integration.
  • Your prospects of participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disabilities.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same occupational consequences.
  • Due to the nature and severity of your disabilities, the general statutory benefits to promote your participation in working life are not sufficient.
  • You are willing to undergo vocational training or other vocational integration.
  • You can be expected to complete the training.

Please ask your advisor what documentation you will need when you contact him or her.

Processing usually takes several weeks. After approval of the service, the measure should begin as soon as possible in coordination with the provider.

Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the respective notice.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes

In order for you to receive rehabilitation-specific training measures, you must contact your employment agency:

  • To do so, make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team at your employment agency.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person at your employment agency, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • The counseling session will clarify whether the rehab-specific training is suitable for you.
  • If your advisor determines that a rehabilitation-specific training program is suitable for you, you will be immediately registered for it. Your counselor will also discuss with you the forms you will need to complete. You can also complete the paperwork online.
  • You will receive written notification as soon as a place is available.
  • The employment agency registers you with the educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility.
  • You conclude a training contract with a company or, in the case of extra-company training, with an educational institution or vocational rehabilitation facility and start your training.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found