jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.


In the second step, you choose which information you really need.

Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for reimbursement of lost work time when deployed for the Federal Agency for Technical Relief (THW)


If one of your employees is involved with the Federal Agency for Technical Relief, you can apply for reimbursement of wage costs in the event of an assignment.

An honorary position in the THW should be as compatible as possible with your professional life. Deployments do not only happen after work or during holidays, but also during working hours. If you employ employees who work as THW volunteers, you should clarify with your employees in advance how and when assignments are possible.

If a volunteer is called on during working hours, you as the employer can be reimbursed for the loss of working time. For this purpose, you have to file an application with the responsible THW local association or the THW regional office.

At the same time, the helpers receive their salary as usual. This applies to ordered operations, exercises, courses and other training events. The THW also compensates the professionally self-employed. Helpers who receive benefits from the Federal Employment Agency, social welfare or other payments from public funds will continue to receive their benefits as usual. Public employers are not reimbursed for the loss of work.

As an employer, you can be reimbursed for lost time if:

  • You work in the private sector and are not a public employer,
  • you are professionally self-employed.
  • Application for reimbursement of costs
  • Trade licence (self-employed)
  • Proof of salary/income and regular working hours (with salary slips or, in the case of self-employed persons, letters from tax offices or annual statements)

Loss of earnings or continued benefits can be settled up to 3 years (according to BGB) after the end of the assignment.

Maximum 4 weeks

  • Forms: Application for reimbursement of expenses. Forms will be sent to you automatically after the end of the assignment.
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance required: no

You must submit the application for reimbursement of wage costs due to an assignment in writing.

  • As an employer, you will receive a letter of exemption from THW.
  • The application for reimbursement of costs is enclosed with this letter.
  • Please fill out this application and send it to the THW local association responsible for the employee(s) concerned.
  • The THW will then transfer the wage costs for the period in which your employee or employees were absent within four weeks.

The contact person for applications for reimbursement of costs is your respective THW local association or the office responsible for the local association (addresses available at www.thw.de).

Federal Agency for Technical Relief

No authority found