jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Driver's license - apply for an extension


You already hold a driving licence and would like to extend it to include a further driving licence (class)?

For the extension of a driving licence, the provisions of the initial issue apply in principle.

Exceptions exist for:

  • the extension of class A1 to class A2 and the extension of class A2 to class A:
    If you have held Class A1 or Class A2 for two years previously, you only have to take one practical test in each case (upgrading).
  • the extension of category B to category BE, category C1 to category C1E, category D to category DE and category D1 to category D1E:
    Only one practical test is to be taken in each case.

You must submit an application for the issue/extension of a driving licence.

Please contact the driving licence authority in the place where you have your main residence.

The fee is based on the Fee Regulations for Road Traffic Measures (GebOSt).

You can apply for the extension of your driving licence at the driving licence authority of your district or independent city (main residence).

Hessian Ministry for Economy, Energy, Transport and Housing

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
Monday:08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Tuesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Wednesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Thursday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00