jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a temporary driving licence for passenger transport


If you want to transport passengers by taxi, rental car, ambulance or car in regular service, to commercial excursions or to holiday destinations, you need a driving licence for passenger transport in addition to the general driving licence. (see also: Passenger transport - permits)
The prerequisite is that you have passed the necessary examinations.
In any case, you must make the application in person.


Which documents are to be submitted in individual cases, please clarify in advance by telephone with the responsible office.

  • Photo ID (identity card, passport, displaced person's ID)
  • Driving licence
  • Proof of possession of an EU/EEA driving licence (for taxi class B within the last 5 years at least 2 years and for ambulances class B within the last 5 years at least 1 year)
  • Registration certificate from the residents' registration office responsible for the main residence (registration certificate must only be presented if there is no valid identity card)
  • Ophthalmological certificate (not older than two years)
  • Certificate of medical examination (not older than one year)
  • From the age of 50, additional submission of a performance report, which proves the special requirements with regard to resilience, orientation performance, concentration performance, attention performance and responsiveness. These reports are prepared by DEKRA e.V., TÜV Nord and AMD in Magdeburg and are valid for one year.
  • Proof of training in first aid
  • Proof of required local knowledge (only valid for taxi drivers)
  • Certificate of conduct of the authority with indication of the intended use "Issuing of the driving licence for the carriage of passengers". This must be applied for at the residents' registration office responsible for the main residence

The first issue of a passenger transport licence or the renewal of a passenger transport licence is subject to a fee. Please ask the competent authority for the amount of the fees.

Please contact the driving licence authority.

§ 48 FeV

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
Monday:08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Tuesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Wednesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Thursday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00