jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a re-issue of a driving licence


If your driving licence has been withdrawn, you must re-apply for it at the driving licence authority responsible for your main residence. The same provisions (§ 20 FeV) apply to this new edition as to the first edition. Due to the sometimes very long processing time, you should submit the application for a new driving licence at least eight to ten weeks before the expiry of the blocking period.

Which documents are to be submitted in individual cases, please clarify in advance by telephone with the responsible office.


  • Application form (will be created in the driving licence authority)
  • Proof of name, address, place and date of birth by presentation of the identity card or passport
  • Photograph that complies with the provisions of the Passport Ordinance (biometric suitability of the passport photo)
  • Current registration certificate from the residents' registration office responsible for the main residence (registration certificate must only be presented if a valid identity card is not available)
  • Information on the prior possession of a domestic or foreign driving licence
  • if applicable, training driving school (if driving license tests are required - see notes)
  • Certificate of good conduct stating the intended use "Reissue of the driving licence" must be applied for at the residents' registration office responsible for the main residence (certificate of conduct of the authorities)

Classes AM, A1, A2, A, B, BE, L, T:

  • Eye test certificate from the optician or certificate/ophthalmological certificate (not older than 2 years)
  • Proof of training in first aid

Classes C, C1, CE, C1E, D, D1, DE, D1E:

  • Ophthalmological certificate (not older than 2 years)
  • Certificate of medical examination (not older than 1 year)
  • Proof of training in first aid

Additionally for classes D, D1, DE, D1E:

  • Proof of suitability of the special requirements according to
    Annex 5 No. 2.2 FeV (not older than one year)

You can apply for the reissue of your driving licence at the driving licence authority of your district or your district-free city (main residence) responsible for you. For this purpose, your personal appearance at the driving licence authority is required.

In the event of concerns about physical and mental fitness, the submission of specialist reports by doctors with traffic medical qualifications or medical-psychological reports may be ordered.
Helpful information about the medical-psychological examination (MPU) can be found on the website of the Federal Highway Research Institute.

In certain cases, advanced seminars or courses to restore fitness for driving must be completed.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
Monday:08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Tuesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Wednesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Thursday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00