jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a permit to restrict traffic space


For any measure in which you use and restrict public traffic space, you must obtain permission from the local road traffic authority. Such measures include road construction measures, the erection of scaffolding or the storage of building materials, but also removals and other events. You may not begin the measures until you have been granted permission.

You are responsible for informing the public about the measure. With the permit, the responsible authority specifies in an order under traffic law

  • How you must cordon off and mark the work site,
  • whether and how you must restrict, direct and regulate traffic, and
  • how you must mark any detour routes.

On the one hand, these requirements ensure the safety of workers and road users, and on the other hand, they ensure that traffic is not impaired more than necessary.

You need a traffic law order not only for a full or partial lane closure, but also if the work only affects bike paths or sidewalks.

If the requested traffic space restriction is a work site, a construction supervisor must be designated.

If the measure will take longer than the requested time, you must request an extension of the measure before the approved time expires.

In the event of an emergency (emergency measure), contact the responsible police station directly.

  • You can demonstrate a legitimate interest.
  • They do not restrict the safety of traffic and do not disproportionately affect traffic.
  • They do not disproportionately restrict the public use.
  • In case of traffic space restriction due to work site : You hold the certificate "Merkblatt über Rahmenbedingungen für erforderliche Fachkenntnis zur Verkehrssicherung von Arbeitsstellen an Straßen" (MVAS) as the person responsible for a traffic order.
  • Application for permission to restrict traffic space (written formless)
  • Site plan to scale
  • If applicable: certificate "Merkblatt über Rahmenbedingungen für erforderliche Fachkenntnisse zur Verkehrssicherung von Arbeitsstellen an Straßen" (MVAS) (information sheet on general conditions for required expertise for traffic safety at work sites on roads)
  • Optional: traffic sign plan
  • Optional: Detour plan
  • Optional: Explanation of the construction project / procedure
  • Optional: Signal location / signal sign plan

Fee: 30,00 - 200,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
The fee varies depending on the duration and scope of the permit.

Application Deadline: 14 Days
Minimum application deadline

Processing Time: 2 Weeks
The processing time for extensive measures turns out to be higher than the processing time for short, less extensive measures.

Local Road Traffic Authority

Forms available: No

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: Yes

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: No

You can apply for the traffic space restriction permit by mail.

  • You find information on the website of the authority responsible for you and, if available, download the relevant form.
  • If a form is available: you fill out the form, sign it and submit the application with the required documents by mail or email.
  • If no form is available: You write an informal application, sign it and submit it with the required documents by mail or email.
  • The competent authorities will examine the application and, if necessary, involve other agencies.
  • After the application has been reviewed, you will receive a notice of approval or rejection. The approval notice contains the traffic-legal order for you.
  • You can now carry out the measure within the scope of the traffic law order.
  • You receive a fee notice.
  • You pay the fee.

Federal Ministry for Digital Affairs and Transport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Ordnungsamt
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
03941 5970-4509
03941 5970-4160
Monday:08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Tuesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Wednesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Thursday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00