jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for education and participation for children, adolescents and young adults


The aim of the education package is not to deprive children from financially weak families of the necessary educational and participation opportunities. As an eligible person or as a parent, you have the opportunity to apply for financial support from the state. The funding covers the following areas:
Up to the age of 18:

· Participation in social and cultural life, e.g. in sports clubs or music schools, is funded with up to EUR 15.00 per month.

Up to the age of 25:

  • The provision of personal school supplies is funded with EUR 150 per year (EUR 100.00 for the 1st half of the school year, EUR 50.00 for the 2nd half of the school year).
  • Costs are covered for additional, appropriate learning support insofar as they are necessary to achieve the learning objectives defined in accordance with school law provisions.
  • Assumption of costs for a communal school or kindergarten lunch
  • For one-day excursions from schools, day-care centres and day-care centres, the costs will be reimbursed in the actual amount.
  • For multi-day excursions from day-care centres and in day-care centres as well as for school trips within the framework of school regulations, the costs are covered in the actual amount.
  • The necessary actual expenses for transport to the nearest school of the selected course of education (pupil monthly tickets) are covered (own contribution, insofar as the ticket can also be used outside the pupil transport).

Children and young people up to the age of 25 who cannot cover their educational and participation needs from their own income and assets or their own income and assets of the family and who are therefore entitled to

  • benefits of the basic provision for jobseekers or
  • Welfare
  • Benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act

or their families

  • Child supplement or
  • Housing subsidy


Age limit for participation in cultural, sports and leisure activities: 18 years.

  • Where applicable, indication of child benefit number
  • Proof of need, e.g. by decision on:
    • Child supplement
    • Housing subsidy
    • Benefits under the Asylum Seekers Benefits Act
  • invoices, receipts and other evidence, if applicable
  • if necessary, certificates from the school

The competent authority will inform you of any other documents that may be required.

The following applies to benefits under the Federal Child Benefit Act:

You can submit the application retroactively for a maximum of 1 year.

The following applies to benefits under the 2nd Social Security Code (SGB II):

The benefit will only be granted from the month in which you submit the application.

You can apply at the social welfare office or job centre.

  • You submit the application for benefits for education and participation to your local competent office (e.g. social welfare office or job centre) or via the online portal.
  • You shall submit the required supporting documents.
  • The competent authority will examine your application and calculate your needs.
  • The competent authority will decide on your application and inform you of the result. You will receive a corresponding notification from your competent authority.
  • If your application has been approved, you will receive a grant notice, if it will be rejected, a rejection notice.
  • In both cases, the decision shall state the reasons for the decision. It also contains information on the possibility of appealing against the decision. For this purpose, an indication of the deadline within which you can raise an objection is included.
  • If your application has been approved, the costs will be covered by personalised vouchers, direct payments to the provider or cash benefits, depending on the individual case.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found