jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for one-off benefits


If you have little or no income or assets at your disposal, you can apply for citizen's allowance for one-off benefits in special situations. It does not matter whether you have received money from the Jobcenter so far or not. Situations in which you may be entitled to one-off benefits are, for example, if

  • You are expecting a child and therefore need new equipment and clothing.
  • You need furniture or household appliances for the first time or have to buy new ones after a divorce.
  • You need orthopaedic shoes or need to have them repaired.
  • You need to have therapeutic devices or equipment repaired.

In these and other cases, you can apply for either a cash or non-cash benefit (vouchers) from the Jobcenter.

Contact your regional Jobcenter before submitting an application. In many cases, the Jobcenter uses its own application form, sometimes an informal application with a justification is sufficient. The amount of one-off benefits may vary from region to region.

If you are able to work and are currently unable to cover your living expenses and are unlikely to be able to do so in the next 6 months, you can apply for citizen's allowance for one-off benefits in cash or in kind (voucher). The one-off benefit must also be necessary. The benefit must then be used exclusively for what you have applied for, i.e. for

  • the initial furnishing of your home,
  • initial equipment for clothing and initial equipment for pregnancy and birth,
  • the purchase and repair of orthopaedic shoes,
  • the repair of therapeutic devices and equipment and the rental of therapeutic devices.
  • Identity card or passport
  • proof of income
  • if applicable:
    • Proof of assets
    • Tenancy agreement, proof of rent payments or house charges
    • Maternity pass or medical certificate of the date of delivery
    • prescription
    • Cost estimates

Please contact the Jobcenter responsible for you to find out which documents you need to submit for your case.

You do not have to pay any costs if you have an account. If you do not have an account, you will receive a payment instruction for a cash payment (ZzV-Bar). This is a check. However, you will incur costs as a result, which will be deducted directly from the benefit to which you are entitled. As the amount of the costs for the payment order can vary, please contact your local Jobcenter for more information. You can have the check paid out in cash. Payment is made exclusively via Postbank branches. The ZzV-Bar is a means of payment of Postbank AG, the use of which has been agreed separately between the Federal Employment Agency and Postbank.

Make the application before you make the purchases, as one-off benefits are only paid if the need is not yet covered.

It may take several weeks to process your application.

  • Objection
  • Summary proceedings before the social court
  • Action before the social court

Forms available: Depending on the job center
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes

For one-off benefits, contact your local Jobcenter by phone, e-mail or in person. They will provide you with further information and an application form if you need one. Alternatively, you can also apply for benefits online using the digital application for citizen's allowance.

  • Complete the application form or write a reasoned, informal application, depending on the requirements of your local job center.
  • Send the application to the job center. You must provide evidence of your need. Enclose the necessary documents requested by the Jobcenter that prove your need and are required for the assessment.
  • The Jobcenter will check your application. Evidence from third parties (e.g. your landlord) may be required to check whether you need one-off benefits. Ultimately, the authority will make a decision on a case-by-case basis. You will then receive a decision from the Jobcenter. There are three possible decisions:
    • the application is approved,
    • the application is partially approved,
    • the application is rejected.
  • The Jobcenter pays you the approved amount or sends you the benefit in kind (voucher).

The one-off benefits are provided under the responsibility of the local authorities (independent cities and districts). The amount of benefits can therefore vary from region to region.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found