jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for training allowance


If you have a disability and are taking part in certain training courses, you can apply to the Employment Agency for financial support to help you cover your living costs. The amount of the training allowance depends on how high the training allowance requirement rate is and how high your income, that of your parents and that of your spouse or registered partner is. Income only plays a role during vocational training.

You will not be reimbursed for any personal expenses, such as rent, clothing or food. The training allowance is based on general needs and is a lump sum.

The amount of the training allowance depends on

  • the measure you are taking part in and
  • the type of accommodation, i.e. where you are accommodated during the course. This can be, for example, with your parents, in your own household, with the person training you or in a residential home, in a boarding school or in a special facility for people with disabilities.

In the case of vocational training, you will usually receive the training allowance for an approval period of 18 months. Depending on the training measure, your training allowance can also be granted for a shorter period or extended after the 18 months.

You will also receive training allowance for vacation periods if these are part of the measure and the employment agency has recognized them as part of the measure.

If you interrupt your participation for health reasons, you will continue to receive the training allowance until the end of the third full calendar month following the onset of the illness, but at most until the scheduled end of your measure. The day of the illness counts towards this three-month period.

You are only entitled to training allowance for periods of absence for reasons other than health if the employment agency recognizes an important reason for the interruption of participation. Important reasons include, for example

  • Marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • Change of residence
  • Attending a court hearing

The training allowance is paid monthly in arrears. If you are not entitled to training allowance for the full month, you will receive one thirtieth of the monthly amount for each calendar day.

The training allowance is paid to you as a subsidy and you do not have to pay it back.

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • You will take part in one of the following measures:
    • (initial) vocational training,
    • pre-vocational training, including basic training,
    • individual in-company qualification within the framework of Supported Employment,
    • initial training or vocational training in a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider.
  • You are not entitled to transitional allowance.

Please ask your advisor which documents you need in detail when you contact them.

The training allowance must be applied for before the training or measure begins.

Note: If you submit the application after your training or course has started, the training allowance will only be paid from the start of the month in which you submitted the application.

Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective decision.

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the office finder.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes

You must apply for the training allowance in writing:

  • Make an appointment for a consultation at your local employment agency.
  • During the consultation, the various calculation bases and requirements that influence the amount of the training allowance will be clarified.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you need to complete and submit. You can also complete the documents online and upload the required supporting documents.
  • You will then receive a notification.


  • If your training program lasts longer than 18 months, you will automatically receive a questionnaire from the Employment Agency in good time. Fill this out and return the questionnaire with the required documents to the Employment Agency so that you can continue to receive your training allowance. You can also complete this questionnaire online.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found