jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a subsidy from the Employment Agency for internship remuneration for young people who are to be prepared for in-company vocational training as part of an introductory qualification program


With the introductory qualification, you can prepare young people who have already decided on a specific profession for an apprenticeship in your company. During a paid internship, they are introduced to the future training content and can demonstrate their skills.

You can apply for a monthly allowance of up to EUR 262.00 plus a flat-rate share of the average total social insurance contribution for the internship pay.

In terms of content, the internship should be oriented towards the future training occupation. In addition, you should aim to take on the intern in your company.
Eligible for funding are:

  • Training applicants registered with the Employment Agency with limited placement prospects for individual reasons who do not have a training position even after the nationwide follow-up placement campaigns,
  • Training seekers who do not yet have the full training maturity required, and
  • People with learning difficulties and socially disadvantaged training seekers.

As a rule, funding begins no earlier than October 1 of each year. An early start of the measure from 1.8. is generally possible.

  • The internship must:
    • last between 6 and 12 months.
    • be remunerated and socially insured.
  • The intern must belong to the eligible group of persons. This must be checked by the employment agency.
  • The trainee must not have been employed in your company before.
  • The entry-level qualification may not take place in the company of the spouse, life partner or parents.
  • If vocational school is compulsory, the intern must attend vocational school classes and be enrolled in the appropriate technical class.
  • Contract on an introductory qualification between the company and the young person

There is no deadline. You must apply for funding before the introductory training begins. The applicant must be registered at the vocational school before starting the internship if vocational school is compulsory.


You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you using the office finder.

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

You must apply for the grant for entry-level training in writing:

  • Specify internship content, duration, remuneration and suitability criteria for the participants and report the open offer to your chamber and to your employment agency.
  • You will then receive information about a preliminary funding commitment.
  • If your prospective trainees are not yet registered with the employment agency, ask them to register with the employment agency. This is the only way to check whether they belong to the eligible group of persons.
  • If the applicant belongs to the eligible group of persons, conclude an EQ contract with him or her. You can download a sample contract or ask your chamber for one.
  • Before the start of the internship, apply to the Employment Agency for a subsidy for the internship allowance. Attach a copy of the EQ contract.
    • If you have registered for eServices at the Employment Agency, you can also exchange all applications and evidence online with the Job Center.
  • You then register the trainee with the health insurance fund and the employers' liability insurance association.
  • You will receive written notification from the Employment Agency as to whether the subsidy will be granted.
    • If you have agreed to electronic transmission of the notice in your online account, the notice will be made available to you online in your notice filing system.
  • If your applicant is required to attend vocational school, you must enroll him or her in the vocational school and preferably in the appropriate technical class before the internship begins.
  • If your trainee requires support with the entry-level qualification, he or she should coordinate this with the Employment Agency and, if necessary, apply for these assisted training support services.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found