jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for transitional allowance for people with disabilities


As a rule, you will receive transitional allowance as a subsistence benefit in connection with a special benefit for participation in working life, for example for participation in a further training measure in a vocational rehabilitation facility.

Your previous gross pay is usually the basis for the calculation.

The amount of your transitional allowance also depends on your personal situation, for example

  • whether you have a child or a stepchild who has been taken into your household, or
  • whether your spouse/life partner living in the same household as you is unable to work because he or she is caring for you or needs care himself or herself.

You will also receive the full amount of the transitional allowance if you take part-time measures.

You can receive the transitional allowance for the entire duration of your measure.

If you are no longer able to participate in the measure for health reasons alone, but are expected to be able to participate again, the transitional allowance will continue to be paid for up to 6 weeks, but no longer than until the scheduled end of the measure.

For absences for reasons other than health, you are only entitled to transitional benefits if the Employment Agency recognizes an important reason for the interruption of participation. Important reasons include, for example:

  • Marriage
  • Birth of a child
  • Change of residence
  • Attendance at a court hearing.

The transitional allowance is paid monthly in arrears as an allowance.

As a rule, you are entitled to transitional benefits if the following conditions apply to you:

  • You have a disability and therefore require special support in integrating into working life. The Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation agency.
  • They will participate in one of the following measures:
    • Vocational training,
    • Vocational preparation including a required basic training,
    • individual in-company qualification within the framework of "Supported Employment",
    • measures in the entry procedure or vocational training area of a workshop for disabled people or at another service provider, or
    • further vocational training.
  • For the period of the last 3 years (pre-employment period), one of the following conditions applies to you:
    • You have been covered by social insurance for at least 12 months.
    • You are entitled to unemployment benefits in accordance with SGB III and have currently applied for these benefits.
    • You are entitled to unemployment benefits according to the Soldiers' Pensions Act (SVG).

There are the following exceptions:

  • If you are a vocational returnee or a vocational returnee with disabilities, the limitation of the pre-employment period to 3 years does not apply to you.
  • The conditions of the pre-employment period may be waived altogether if, within the last year before the start of the measure, you have
    • have obtained a training qualification at a vocational school or other vocational training institution and this training corresponds to vocational training in a recognized training occupation, or
    • have obtained an examination certificate that has been equated with the final certificate of vocational training in a recognized training occupation.

When contacting your advisor, please ask what documentation you will need in addition to the Transitional Allowance and Cost of Attendance Questionnaire.

Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the respective notice.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

If you would like to apply for the transitional allowance in connection with a vocational integration measure, proceed as follows:

  • Make an appointment for a consultation at your employment agency.
  • In a personal meeting, you will discuss the possibilities for your professional integration with your advisor. Your advisor will review your prerequisites with you and determine the necessary measures and benefits.
  • Your counselor will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you will need to complete and submit. You can also fill out the documents and upload any required evidence online.
  • You will then receive a decision.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found