jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Cost absorption for participation in a work trial or clarification of occupational aptitude


If you, as a person with disabilities, require services for participation in working life, the Federal Employment Agency can support you with a range of measures and support services. Which integration benefits are suitable for you depends, among other things,

  • whether the services are suitable for you and your specific case in order to increase your chances on the labor market,
  • what your personal inclinations are and how they can be useful in your working life,
  • what activities you have performed so far, and
  • how the labor market is currently developing.

While you are participating in a vocational aptitude assessment or in a work trial (diagnostic measure), the Federal Employment Agency will pay for you during this time, including your

  • Costs for room and board if you have to be temporarily accommodated outside your own or your parents' household,
  • course costs, costs for exams or learning materials,
  • Travel expenses, such as travel, food and lodging expenses for you and, if necessary, for your companion,
  • costs for household help, and
  • Costs for child care.

In addition, you can continue to receive unemployment benefits during this time. You will only receive transitional benefits if you do not earn any or only a lower wage due to participation in these measures.

Whether you have to participate in a diagnostic measure is decided by your employment agency on a case-by-case basis.

  • You have a disability and your responsible rehabilitation agency is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In order to receive the above-described benefits for work testing/clarification of occupational aptitude, you must have agreed with your counselor to participate in a diagnostic measure sponsored by the Employment Agency.

Please ask your advisor which documents you need when contacting her/him.

Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the respective notice.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes

In order for your costs for participating in a vocational aptitude test or work trial to be paid, you must coordinate with your employment agency:

  • To do this, make an appointment with your advisor at the Agentur für Arbeit.
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact at the employment agency, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In a personal meeting, it will be clarified whether your professional suitability needs to be clarified or whether you should take part in a work trial.
  • If a suitability assessment or work trial (diagnostic measure) is necessary, you will be registered with a provider who will implement the measure on behalf of the Employment Agency.
  • Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill out the documents online and upload any required supporting documents.
  • Your employment agency will decide on your application. You will then receive a decision.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found