jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for funeral allowance for war victims


The funeral allowance is paid to those who have covered the costs of the funeral of the deceased. It is:

  • for pensioners:

    • 874,00 Euro (from 01.07.17: 891 Euro)

    • 1.745,00 Euro, if the death is the result of injury (from 01.07.17: 1,778 Euro)

  • for non-pensioners:

    • 1.745,00 Euro, if the death is the result of injury (from 01.07.17: 1,778 Euro)


From the funeral allowance, the costs of the funeral are first paid to the person who provided the funeral. This also applies if the costs of the funeral have been covered by public funds.
 If a surplus remains, the spouse, the life partner, the children, the parents, the stepparents, the foster parents, the grandchildren, the grandparents, the siblings and the siblings are entitled to receive one after the other if they lived with the deceased at the time of death in domestic community.

In the absence of such beneficiaries, the surplus shall not be paid.

  • You have borne the funeral costs
  • Death is always considered to be the result of damage if a damaged person dies of suffering that was legally recognized as a result of damage and for which he was granted a pension at the time of death.
  • Death certificate
  • Invoice for funeral expenses

The application forms can be obtained from the competent authority.

  • Benefits to be granted on the basis of other statutory provisions (e.B. death grant  from health insurance or civil servants' pensions) are credited to the funeral allowance.
  • If a damaged person dies as a result of damage outside his permanent residence, the necessary costs for the transfer of the body will be reimbursed. This does not apply if the death occurred during a stay abroad. In this case, however, you can apply for aid.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found