jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Advising non-registered companies on the artists' social security contribution


The Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) informs you, as a potential entrepreneur or exploiter who is liable to pay the artists' social security contribution, about your rights and obligations.

You will receive information on whether you as an entrepreneur or exploiter are subject to the artists' social security contribution and what the amount of the contribution is.

This includes the following points:

  • why are you obligated to pay the artists' social security contribution,
  • when do you have to pay the artists' social security contribution,
  • what is to be included in your remuneration report,
  • who is a self-employed artist or journalist,
  • what is the rate of the levy,
  • what is the general procedure,
  • how do you fulfill your obligation to keep records,
  • what information do you have to provide,
  • when do you have to pay a late payment penalty,
  • what is the statute of limitations,
  • what is a compensation association.

It is a special feature that self-employed artistic or journalistic persons only have to pay half of their contributions themselves. The other half is financed by a federal subsidy and the companies' artists' social security contributions.

You are not yet registered as a company with the KSK.

You do not need to submit any documents.

There are no costs for you.

You do not have to meet any deadlines.

by telephone: usually none
in writing or electronically: usually 1 to 5 days

No legal remedies are provided.

Forms: no

Online procedure possible: no

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no

You ask the KSK questions by telephone or in writing, or request information about the artists' social security contribution electronically.

  • The KSK will inform you in writing, by telephone or electronically.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Künstlersozialkasse (KSK)
Gökerstraße 14
26384 Wilhelmshaven
26380 Wilhelmshaven
+49 4421 9734051500
+49 4421 7543-5080
+49 4421 7543-5062
+49 4421 7543-5050

Monday to Friday: 09:00 - 16:00