jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a rental car permit


For the commercial transport of persons with a rental car, you need a permit. You can submit a corresponding application to the transport authority of the respective district-free city or district responsible for you.

  • The safety and performance of the operation is guaranteed.
  • There are no facts for the unreliability of the applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to conduct the business.
  • The applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to conduct the business is professionally suitable.
  • The applicant and the entrepreneurs commissioned by him or her to carry out transport services have their registered office or branch within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
  • In the case of legal persons under public law, the conditions are deemed to be fulfilled.
  • Formal application (surname, first name of the applicant; residence and place of business; in the case of natural persons, date of birth; Number of vehicles, vehicle type, capacity of vehicles used)
  • Service certificates or examination certificates (for professional aptitude) of the applicant or the person appointed to conduct the business
  • Capital certificate / supplementary certificate (form according to § 2 paragraph 2 number 2/ § 2 paragraph 3 of the Ordinance on Access to the Profession for Road Passenger Transport -PBZugV), not older than 3 months
  • Clearance certificate from the tax office, the municipality, the social security institutions and the employers' liability insurance association, not older than 3 months (by the company, the legal representative and the person / traffic management appointed to conduct the business)
  • Certificate of good conduct for submission to the authority in accordance with § 30 paragraph 5 BZRG
  • Excerpt from the Central Trade Register according to § 150 paragraph 5 GewO (for companies)
  • Excerpt from the Driving Aptitude Register (FAER)

General documents:

  • Vehicle list, possibly rental vehicles with rental contract or leasing list
  • Proof of liability insurance for rental cars including risk code (WKZ)
  • Business registration

The amount of the fees depends on

  • the number of vehicles, and
  • the duration of the authorisation

Deadlines only begin to run when a decision-making application is submitted. If your application is complete, it will be decided within a period of 3 months. The deadline can be extended by 3 months if necessary.

The processing time may vary between the competent traffic authorities. The processing time may depend, among other things, on whether all decision-relevant documents have been submitted, or whether additional demands for documents become necessary.

  • Contradiction. Further information on how to file an objection can be found in the notification of your application.
  • Action before the Administrative Court if an objection is unsuccessful.

Please contact the road traffic authority of the county/city.

  • Forms available: Yes
  • Written form required: Yes
  • Informal application possible: No
  • Personal appearance necessary: No
  • Online service available: No

To obtain a permit for the commercial carriage of persons with a rental car, proceed as follows:

  • Submit a corresponding application to the transport authority of the respective district-free city or district responsible for you and attach all necessary documents to the application.
  • The authority will process your application.
  • You will receive a notification of the granting or re-issuance of a rental car permit.

Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found