jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request transfer of car rental permit


You must submit an application for the transfer of the permit for the commercial transport of persons by rental car. You can submit this application to the transport authority responsible for you in the respective independent city or district.

  • There is a concluded contract between the transferring and the accepting contracting party, from which the will to transfer is evident.
  • The safety and efficiency of the business are guaranteed.
  • There are no facts indicating the unreliability of the applicant as an entrepreneur or the person appointed to manage the business.
  • The applicant as entrepreneur or the person appointed for the management of the business is professionally suitable.
  • The applicant and the entrepreneurs appointed by him or her to perform transport services have their place of business or their branch office within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
  • In the case of legal entities under public law, the requirements are deemed to have been met.
  • informal justification why the car rental permit should be taken over
  • concluded contract between the surrendering and the accepting contracting party, from which the will to transfer must be evident
  • Formal application (surname, first name of the applicant; place of residence and operation; in case of natural persons, date of birth, place of birth; number of vehicles, type of vehicle, capacity of the vehicles to be used)
  • Service certificates or examination certificates (on professional qualification) of the applicant or the person appointed to run the business
  • Certificate of equity / additional certificate (form according to § 2 para. 2 no. 2/ § 2 para. 3 of the Ordinance on the admission to the occupation of road passenger transport operator -PBZugV), not older than 3 months
  • Certificate of no objection from the tax office, the municipality, the social insurance carrier and the employers' liability insurance association, not older than 3 months (from the company, the legal representative and the person appointed to manage the business / traffic management)
  • Certificate of good conduct for submission to the authorities in accordance with Section 30 (5) of the German Federal Law on Civil and Professional Conduct (BZRG)
  • Extract from the Central Trade Register in accordance with Section 150 (5) GewO (in the case of companies)
  • Extract from the driving aptitude register (FAER)

General documents:

  • Vehicle list, if applicable rental vehicles with rental agreement or leasing list
  • Proof of liability insurance for rental vehicles including risk indicator (WKZ)
  • Business registration

The amount of the fees depends on:

  • the number of vehicles and
  • the term of the permit.

Deadlines do not start to run until an application that is ready for a decision has been submitted. If your application is complete, a decision will be made on it within 3 months. The deadline can be extended by 3 months if necessary.

The processing time may vary between the responsible transport authorities. The processing time may depend, among other things, on whether all documents relevant to the decision have been submitted or whether additional documents are required.

  • Appeal. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the notice of your application.
  • Action before the administrative court

Traffic authority of the respective independent city or county

Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No

Proceed as follows to obtain a transfer of authorization for the commercial transportation of passengers by rental car:

  • Submit an appropriate application to the transportation authority responsible for you in the respective independent city or county and attach all required documents to the application.
  • The authority will process your application and conduct the necessary hearing procedures.
  • You will receive a decision on the transfer of the rental car permit including the handover of the permit documents.

Federal Ministry for Digital Affairs and Transport

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found