jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for matters in connection with a Part 66 license


To carry out inspection tasks and activities in connection with the traffic and operational safety of aircraft, you generally need a valid Part-66 license.

You can apply to the Federal Aviation Office to carry out activities as Part-66 authorized personnel:

  • Initial issue of the Part-66 license
  • Renewal of the Part-66 license
  • Extension of the validity of the Part-66 license
  • additional authorizations
  • the deletion of restrictions
  • a duplicate (notification of loss)
  • conversion in accordance with Part-66.A.70
  • a license transfer
  • a change of name or address

You can also submit applications for several matters at the same time, although you cannot combine the license transfer and the initial application with other applications.

The following information is required for the application:

  • Data on the person making the application,
  • Details of the license,
  • Details of the organizations in which you work.

Please note:

Please note that you must send the original of your Part-66 license to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) when transferring your license. Make sure that the LBA is informed about your license transfer.

When applying for a duplicate, you must upload an affidavit or police report on the loss of the license.

To be eligible for a Part 66 license, you must be a natural person (from Germany, an EU member state or a third country).

You must meet the following requirements:

  • You are of legal age. This means that you are capable of acting, have full legal capacity and are criminally liable.
  • You are reliable in accordance with the German Aviation Security Act (LuftSiG).
  • You have reached the minimum age at the time of application (18 years).
  • No criminal proceedings must be pending against you.

The Luftfahrt-Bundesamt is not responsible for license holders whose license was issued in another EU member state or in a state subject to EU aviation law. This does not apply to the transfer of licenses from another EU member state or a state affiliated to EU aviation law to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.

In order to apply for certain categories and ratings, you must have passed all relevant theoretical and practical examinations and have the relevant practical experience.

Proof of reliability

  • for representation: Proof of authorization to represent (power of attorney)
  • for an address abroad: Declaration on the appointment of an authorized recipient
  • in the case of a first grant: Examination certificate or vocational training certificate
  • in the original when applying for a first grant: LBA Form 19.K or 19.L for the issue of a category as proof of experience
  • when applying for a first license, if credits and/or bonus points are requested: Certificates for credits and/or bonus points
  • when applying for an initial issue or a license transfer, if no copy of the identity card or passport has yet been submitted as part of the examination application: Identity card or passport
  • when applying for a deletion of restrictions: Proof of deletion of a restriction
  • when applying for an additional authorization or deletion of a restriction if a category C is requested: internal authorizations for at least 3 and 5 years respectively, including the first and last exercise of rights or release certificate
  • when applying for an initial issue, additional authorization or deletion of a restriction:
    • Certificates of basic knowledge from a Part-147 approved school
    • Type course certificates from a Part-147 approved training organization or confirmation from an organization of the successful completion of a type course approved by the Federal Aviation Authority in accordance with Part-66 (66.B.130)
    • Proof of experience, Appendix 1 to LBA Form 19.K or applicable Appendices 1-4 to LBA Form 19. To acquire a category in the form of a logbook
    • Form 19.M (for certain categories and ratings)
  • When applying for an initial issue, additional rating or deletion of a limitation if on-the-job training (OJT) has been carried out: Confirmation from a maintenance organization of the successful completion of "on-the-job training (OJT)"
  • in the original when applying for an initial issue, deletion of a limitation or additional rating or, if a category C is applied for:
    • Proof of experience (LBA Form 19.A for the issuance of a Category C based on a university degree).
    • Description of the activities in connection with "Maintenance of civil aircraft"
  • when applying for a duplicate: Declaration under oath or police report of loss of license
  • in the case of a change of name: Confirmation of name change (e.g. extract from the registry office register or new identity card)
  • in the case of a renewal or in the event that a license has expired, if you have continued to exercise your rights under 66.A.20 b) after the expiry of the license: List of activities
  • when applying for an extension, deletion of a restriction, additional authorization, extension or renewal of the license as well as the license transfer (surrender) in the original: Part-66 license

Please refer to the application form to find out which documents are required in your case.

Documents submitted as proof of basic knowledge and experience must not be older than 10 years.

Sample courses attended must not be older than 3 years (from the 1st day of training).

  • Contradiction

To apply online for a matter relating to a Part-66 license, please proceed as follows:

  • Go to the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de and complete the online application.
  • You can upload your documents directly.
  • Alternatively, you can send the documents to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) by fax or post.
  • Submit the application online.
    • If you wish to provide the original extract from the driving aptitude register and the police clearance certificate (paper document) as proof of good repute, you are obliged to send the original documents to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt by post after submitting the online application. In certain cases, your existing Part 66 license with the original license appendices must also be sent to the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt.
  • The Luftfahrt-Bundesamt (LBA) will check your application.
  • If anything is unclear or if any information is missing, the Luftfahrt-Bundesamt will contact you.
  • After processing by the LBA, you will receive a notification and a fee notice.
  • Once you have paid the fees, you can retrieve the decision.
  • You will receive further result documents and your (new) Part 66 license by post.

There are no indications or special features.

Federal Ministry for Digital and Transport Affairs (BMDV)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found