jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Report loss of registration certificate Part I


If you have lost the registration certificate Part I (old: vehicle registration document) or if it has become unusable or illegible, you must report this immediately and apply for a new registration certificate Part I.

If, after the new Registration Certificate Part I has been issued, the lost certificate is recovered, the holder or the owner must surrender it immediately.

  • Aformal application to the competent registration authority with the indication of the owner and vehicle data.
    The application can also only be completed at the approval authority.
  • Valid identity card (no copy) of the vehicle owner or passport with registration certificate from the registration office of the place of residence. The registration certificate must not be older than three months.
    If the vehicle owner is not a natural person, further documents are necessary to determine the owner

In addition, in case of damage:

  • The damaged registration certificate must be submitted to the approval authority. A replacement will be issued.

In addition, in case of loss:

  • The remaining Part II of the registration certificate (vehicle registration document).
  • Insurance on oath (a telephone or written notification to the licensing authority is not sufficient); if applicable, declaration of loss.
  • In case of theft, notification confirmation from the police.
  • Inspection report of the last unexpired main inspection (omitted if the first main inspection was not yet due).
  • Test report of the last unexpired safety test (if required).

Fee: 10,90 EUR
Payment in advance: No
In individual cases, additional costs may be added to the basic fee.

Fee: 30,70 EUR
Payment in advance: No
Fee for the acceptance of an insurance on oath instead of the loss by writing to the administrative authority

The responsibility lies with the vehicle registration authority of your district or your district-free city (main residence).

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.