jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for permission to sell goods at fairs, festivals and special occasions


If you wish to offer goods for immediate sale on the occasion of a trade fair or exhibition, a public festival (e.g. community festival, shooting match, housewarming celebrations, etc.) or in the context of another special occasion, you need a permit from the competent authority for this, but not a travel trade permit.

You must apply for the permit from the competent authority.

If you are already in possession of a travel trade permit, which entitles you to offer certain or all goods for sale, this is sufficient. In this case, you do not need an additional permit to sell at the above-mentioned events.

After applying for a permit, the competent body will decide whether to approve your application to sell the goods. The competent body issues the permit for a specific place and for a specific event, i.e. for a limited period of time.

The permit is not transferable. It does not replace any other permits and authorizations that may have to be obtained from other authorities (e.g. permits under road or traffic law - special use permit).

If the following goods are to be offered for sale on the occasion of the above-mentioned events, no permit is required (as a permit or exemption already exists on another basis):

  • You sell home-grown products of agriculture, forestry, vegetable, fruit and horticulture, poultry farming and beekeeping, hunting and fishing.
  • You sell goods in the municipality where you are registered with your residence or where you have registered your commercial establishment. However, this exemption only applies if the municipality does not have more than 10,000 inhabitants.
  • You sell milk and, if applicable, additional milk products (e.g. yogurt, kefir, butter, cheese, etc.) and still have a permit under the Milk and Margarine Act.
  • They sell foodstuffs or other goods for daily use from a sales cart or stall ("mobile store") and always do so at the same place outside fixed markets (e.g. weekly markets) at regular, shorter intervals.
  • They sell printed works on public paths, streets, squares or other public places. According to the Press Law, the term printed works includes writings, discussed audio carriers (e.g. cassettes and other data carriers), pictorial representations with and without writing, picture carriers (video cassettes and other data carriers) and musical materials (printed products with notes) with text and explanations. However, you need a permit to sell such products at the door.

The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the traveling trade.

  • You wish to offer goods (not services) at a specific event or occasion. The sale of the goods you wish to offer must not be prohibited in the travel trade (prohibited are e.g. precious metals, precious stones, alcohol - with certain exceptions).
  • You offer the goods at the event itself, or at least on the fringe of the event in question. There must therefore be a temporal and spatial connection to the event (e.g. on the forecourt or access roads).
  • Copy of identity card or passport with certificate of registration, or presentation on site
  • Information about the place and type of the stand and the assortment of goods

Is based on the respective administrative fee regulations of the state or on the fee statutes of the bodies responsible under state law.

Contact your municipality or city in whose district the event is to take place.

  • Online procedure possible: yes (if offered)
  • Written form required: no
  • Personal appearance required: no
  • You apply for the permit to the competent authority, enclosing the required documents.
  • The decision of the authority will be communicated to you in text form or in writing

If you are already in possession of a travel trade permit that entitles you to offer certain goods or goods of all kinds for sale, you do not also require the permission of the competent authority if you wish to offer goods for sale at trade fairs, exhibitions, public festivals or on special occasions.

The permit under trade law does not replace any permits or authorizations required under other specialized law (e.g. road law).

Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Gewerbe / Gaststätten - Dezernat I Bürgerservice
Nicolaiplatz 1
38855 Wernigerode, Stadt
+49 3943 654325
+49 3943 6547325