jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Report the continuation of a restaurant after the death of the licence holder


After the death of the permit holder of a restaurant, this may be continued by the spouse, partner or the minor heirs during the minority without their own permission. The same applies to estate administrators, guardians of the estate or executors of the will up to a period of ten years after the succession. They must immediately notify the competent authority in writing if they wish to continue the catering business and notify the competent municipality of the commencement of the business.

  • IHK information or proof of a vocational qualification in a relevant profession
  • Death certificate of the permit holder

If the notification in accordance with §14 GewO is filed in person, the identity card or passport must be presented. In the case of a notification by an authorized representative, a power of attorney must be submitted.

The notification of the continuation is free of charge.

A fee must be paid for the business advertisement (registration). The amount of the fees according to the cost tariff, serial number 35.1 between 110 and 650 euros.

The notification must be submitted immediately to the authority if the possibility of continuing the restaurant business is to be exercised.

Contact the competent restaurant authority.

However, the person entitled to continue can also obtain permission in accordance with § 2 GastG. This would come into consideration if he needs a permit anyway when adding rooms.

At the same time, a complaint must be filed in accordance with § 14 GewO.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found