jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for funding for energy consulting for residential buildings


The program "Bundesförderung für Energieberatung für Wohngebäude" of the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) can be used for residential buildings. It is aimed at

  • Owners of single-family and multi-family houses,
  • condominium owners' associations,
  • usufructuaries and
  • tenants and
  • tenants.

Funding is provided for consulting costs amounting to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee:

  • a maximum of EUR 1,300 for detached or semi-detached houses and
  • a maximum of EUR 1,700 for residential buildings with 3 or more units.

Condominium owners' associations receive a bonus of EUR 500.00 if the consulting results are presented at a special meeting (for example, at an advisory board meeting or a condominium owners' meeting).

The funding program is handled by an energy consultant. The energy consultant applies for the funds himself/herself. The energy consultant receives the energy consulting subsidy from BAFA and issues an invoice reduced by the subsidy amount.

The energy consultant must present the consulting results in an energy consulting report, preferably an individual renovation roadmap (iSFP). He or she will hand this over to you and explain it to you.
Funding is granted according to the regulations of the de minimis regulation if the owner of the residential building is an enterprise in the sense of the recommendation concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises.

  • Only energy consultants who have been approved by BAFA on the basis of their professional qualifications are eligible to apply.
  • Energy consulting for residential buildings includes at least the following steps:
    • a data collection on site,
    • the preparation of an energy consulting report (in particular an individual renovation roadmap) as well as
    • its handing over and subsequent explanation to you as the person being advised.
  • Subsidized energy consulting can only be claimed if
    • the building is located in Germany
    • the building application for the residential building dates back at least 10 years,
    • the building is predominantly used for residential purposes and falls under the scope of the Building Energy Act (GEG).
  • As an advised person, you must pay a personal contribution.

A subsidy is excluded if

  • you, as the person being advised, are yourself licensed as an energy advisor for this funding program,
  • you are the wife/life partner or husband/life partner of the energy consultant,
  • the majority of the residential building is owned by the federal or state government,
  • the owner is a company that does not meet the requirements of micro-enterprises and SMEs,
  • the owner of the building is a company that could use its own personnel with the qualifications required for licensing,
  • the energy consulting company has even partial ownership rights to the residential building,
  • the consulting recipient has been approved by the granting authority as an energy consultant for the funding program;
  • the consulting recipient is a company on whose assets insolvency proceedings have been filed or opened,
  • the consulting recipient is a company that has received de minimis subsidies totaling at least EUR 200,000 (EUR 100,000 in the case of companies in the road transport sector) in the current year and in the previous 2 fiscal years including the subsidy under these guidelines,
  • the recipient of the consultancy is a company which is otherwise excluded under Article 1 of the de minimis Regulation.
  • Data about the advised person
  • data on the object of consulting
  • After the energy consulting has been carried out, the proof of use must be submitted. This consists in particular of
    • the invoice of the energy consultant,
    • the proof of payment of the own contribution by the advised person,
    • the energy consulting report and
    • the signed declaration of use

There is no cost to you when you apply.

  • The energy consulting must be completed after a maximum of 9 months (approval period). In the case of an additional explanation of the energy consulting report to condominium owners' associations or advisory boards, the approval period is a maximum of 2 years.
  • The complete proof of use documents must be submitted to BAFA within 3 months after the end of the approval period.
  • The processing of applications takes a maximum of 1 week
  • Processing of proof of use documents usually takes 4 weeks
  • Opposition

- Forms: no

- Online procedure: yes

- Written form required: yes

- Personal appearance required: no

You commission an approved energy consultant to provide energy advice for residential buildings.

  • The energy consultant then submits a grant application for your residential building via BAFA's online portal and receives a funding notice.
    • In order to submit the application online, the energy consultant must register with his/her user account.
    • If the energy consultant does not yet have a user account, he/she must register with BAFA ("consultant recognition").
  • The energy consultant now has a maximum of 9 months to carry out the consulting service and to hand over and explain the energy consulting report to you.
  • For the consulting service, the energy consultant issues you an invoice reduced by the subsidy.
  • After the explanatory meeting, which can also be held by telephone with your consent, you and the energy consultant must sign the declaration of use. The energy consultant submits this to BAFA for review together with the invoice and the energy consulting report.
  • Finally, the grant is paid to the energy consultant.

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found