jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy for municipal enterprises for the energy-efficient refurbishment of non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure sector.


The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can get a loan of a maximum of EUR 25 million for the following measures:

  • Energy-efficient refurbishment of a non-residential building in the municipal and social infrastructure into a KfW efficiency building.

  • Individual measures to improve the energy efficiency of a non-residential building in the municipal and social infrastructure:
  • Insulation of walls, roof surfaces, floor ceilings and floor surfaces,
  • renewal and upgrading of windows, curtain walls, external doors and gates,
  • measures to improve summer thermal insulation,
  • installation, replacement or optimisation of air-conditioning and ventilation systems,
  • initial connection to local or district heating,
  • Renewal or optimisation of heat/cold distribution and storage,
  • renewal or optimisation of heat/cold generation,
  • replacement and/or optimisation of lighting,
  • installation or optimisation of measurement and control technology and building automation.

The subsidy covers measures for the preparation, implementation and commissioning of the subsidised measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
You will not receive any subsidies

  • for lease financing,
  • for personal contributions,
  • for rooms for the practice of faith,
  • for investments by political parties,
  • for debt rescheduling of projects already completed and financed..,
  • if you have already started the measure before submitting the application,
  • for the cost of a heat generator based on oil as an energy source.

There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need.
The following standards are subsidised:

  • KfW Efficiency Building 70,
  • KfW efficiency building 100,
  • KfW efficiency building for listed buildings.

The amount of the repayment subsidy depends on the KfW Efficiency Building standard of your measure:

  • KfW Efficiency Building 70: You receive a repayment subsidy of 27.5 percent of the loan amount.You can receive a maximum of EUR 275 repayment subsidy for each square metre of renovated net floor area.

  • KfW Efficiency Building 100: You receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.

  • KfW Efficiency Building Monument: You will receive a repayment subsidy of 17.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 175 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.

  • For individual measures you receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.

You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with proof that it has been carried out. To do this you must prove

  • that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
  • that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard or the energy savings.

You must keep all invoices and documents relating to the measure.

Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).

You are not entitled to the grant.

Applications may be submitted by:

  • Companies with at least 50 percent municipal shareholders
  • non-profit organizations and churches
  • Companies and natural persons in the context of public-private partnerships.

Further requirements:

  • Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
    • KfW Efficiency Building 70
    • KfW efficiency building 100
    • KfW efficiency building listed building
    • in the case of individual measures: achieve an energy saving
  • You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of § 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).

When submitting your application, you must submit:

  • Confirmation of application
  • Declaration of the size of your company:
    • Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
    • Self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0196) with information sheet on SME definition
  • when applying for funding with "de minimis" support, the following additional information is required:
    • Applicant's de minimis declaration on de minimis aid already received (KfW form number 600 000 0075)
    • Cumulation declaration
  • in the case of funding under the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER):
    • Attachment Eligible additional investment costs

When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:

  • Confirmation after implementation
  • Proof of use
  • Not applicable
  • Application: before the start of the measure
  • Call deadline for the loan: within 12 months of the loan commitment, in one sum or in instalments.
  • Evidence of use of funds: within 15 months after full disbursement of the loan.
  • for the processing of the application: usually 3 to 5 working days.

You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your grant.

  • Forms: yes
  • Online procedure possible: no
  • Written form required: yes
  • Personal appearance required: yes (depends on the procedure of the financing partners)

You will receive all the required documents from your financing partner. The KfW application is submitted by your financing partner.

You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).

  • You can find an energy efficiency expert in your area on the website of the German Energy Agency (dena).
  • Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert.
  • Fill out the application confirmation online - preferably together with your expert.
  • Talk to your financing partner (for example, the bank where you want to take out your financing) about including a subsidised loan. They will advise you on which documents are required and will submit the application to KfW on your behalf.
  • Once KfW has approved your application for funding, you conclude a loan agreement with your financing partner.
  • As soon as the approval for your subsidy has been received, you can begin with the construction work or conclude the purchase contract.
  • Depending on the progress of construction, your financing partner will pay you the loan in one sum or in instalments.
  • When you have completed the measure, you must provide proof to your financing partner,
    • that you have spent the money from the loan on the planned measure and
    • that your measure meets the standard for KfW-efficient buildings.
  • Your financing partner checks and confirms your evidence and forwards it to KfW.
  • If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.

Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for additional grants from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for advice from an energy efficiency expert.

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)

Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW)
Palmengartenstraße 5-9
60325 Frankfurt am Main
+49 800 5399-001
+49 69 74319-500
  • Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
  • For advice on financing and application:
    Schedule a consultation with a financing partner of your choice.