jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for an investment grant for the energy-efficient refurbishment of residential buildings


You can receive a grant of up to EUR 30,000 per housing unit for an energy-efficient renovation. A housing unit is an apartment or a house in which people live together.

You can receive a grant for the following measures:

  • Complete refurbishment of a building into a so-called KfW Efficiency House.
  • Thermal insulation of
    • walls,
    • roof surfaces and
    • storey ceilings,
  • new windows and exterior doors,
  • renewal and installation of a ventilation system,
  • renewal and optimisation of heating systems older than two years.

The amount of the subsidy depends on the type and cost of the renovation. For example, 10 percent of the costs for individual measures will be subsidised, up to a maximum of EUR 5,000. If you renovate your entire residential unit in accordance with the so-called KfW Efficiency House 55 standard, you will receive 30 percent of the costs, up to a maximum of EUR 30,000. The KfW Efficiency House standard evaluates a renovation according to the energy savings that can be achieved through it.

If the subsidy amount is less than EUR 300.00, you will not receive any subsidy.

You can receive a subsidy for your housing unit if the building application or building notification for it was submitted before 1 February 2002. You cannot receive a subsidy for boarding houses as accommodation facilities with hotel-like services and for holiday houses and apartments as well as weekend houses.
The subsidy amount is based on the number of residential units after the renovation. Therefore, if you combine two dwellings into one in the course of the refurbishment, you will only receive the subsidy for one dwelling. If you split a large apartment, you can receive two grant amounts. You can also get a grant for converting space, for example, for converting an attic.

Before starting the measures, an energy efficiency expert must assess your planned measures. After completion of the refurbishment, he confirms the implementation.
Your refurbishment must meet minimum technical requirements in order for KfW to fund it. You must commission a specialist company to carry out the refurbishment.

You are a private person and

  • owner of a one- or two-family house or a condominium (owner-occupier and landlord) or
  • First-time buyer of a renovated single-family or two-family house or condominium.
  • Before the refurbishment: "Confirmation of application", issued by the energy efficiency expert
  • After the refurbishment: "Confirmation after implementation", issued by the energy efficiency expert

You must submit the application before the start of the construction work.

As a rule, you will receive the money at the end of the month following the final examination of the BnD.

Forms: none

Online procedure possible: yes

Written form required: no

Personal appearance required: no

To receive the grant, you must take the following steps:

  • Before starting the construction measures, you must commission an independent energy efficiency expert. This expert will advise you on your renovation project and check whether the renovation measures are technically eligible for funding. He will draw up a "confirmation of application" (BzA).
  • With the BzA, you can apply for the subsidy in the KfW subsidy portal.
  • You carry out the refurbishment with the help of a specialist company.
  • After completion of the refurbishment, the energy efficiency expert checks the implementation of the subsidised energy measures in accordance with the minimum technical requirements and issues the "Confirmation after Implementation" (BnD).
  • You enter the identification number of the BnD in the KfW grant portal and confirm the refurbishment and the amount of the payments made.
  • Once your details have been successfully checked by KfW, KfW transfers the grant to your account.

If you prefer a low-interest loan with a repayment subsidy for your refurbishment project instead of an investment grant, the 151/152 "Energy-efficient refurbishment - loan" programme is available to you.

Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy

No authority found