jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for integration assistance for children and adolescents with mental disabilities or threatened mental disabilities


Some children and young people cannot participate equally in public life because of their disability. Integration assistance supports children and young people with disabilities so that they can lead a self-determined life. This integration assistance is aimed at children and young people with a mental disability or a threatened mental disability.

Integration assistance is divided into 4 groups:

  • Services for medical rehabilitation
  • Services for participation in working life
  • Services for participation in education and
  • Services for social participation

Integration aids can look like this

  • in outpatient form, outside of inpatient facilities, for example, a school companion
  • in day care facilities for children or in other semi-inpatient facilities
  • in day and night facilities and other forms of residential care
  • placement in full-time care (with suitable persons; according to § 35a Para. 2 No. 3 SGB VIII)

A mental disability can be, for example, an anxiety disorder depression, psychosis, autism, ADHD or an eating disorder.

In addition to mental disabilities, there are also physical and mental disabilities. There may also be integration aids for these. Other agencies may be responsible for this. Ask your youth welfare office which agency is responsible for you.

  • Young people are eligible. They can apply from the age of 15.
  • Before the age of 15, their legal representatives apply on their behalf.
  • Your child has a mental disability or is at risk of having one. The condition is likely to last longer than 6 months.
  • Your child's participation in social life is impaired.

Integration aids in outpatient form are free of charge. Outpatient services include, for example, assistance at school.
In the case of partial or full inpatient integration assistance in day care facilities, with caregivers or in day and night facilities, you must contribute to an appropriate extent. Please ask the responsible youth welfare office.

Please contact the youth welfare office of your district or independent city.

  • Contact the responsible office.
  • In a personal conversation, you will be shown possible assistance. This can be supplementary or in combination with help for upbringing or help from other rehabilitation providers.
  • Integration assistance can only be granted if a suitable doctor certifies a mental or threatening mental handicap.
  • All parties involved (you, your child, the staff of the independent organization and the Youth Welfare Office) meet for a help plan discussion. In the help plan, it is determined how the help is to be structured and which goals are to be achieved.
  • If necessary, a participation plan procedure is also carried out.
  • You submit an application for integration assistance.
  • The competent authority commissions an independent welfare organization to carry out the integration assistance.


Senator for Social Affairs, Youth, Integration and Sport, Bremen

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found