jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for discharge of waste water into public waste water treatment plants


For the discharge of wastewater (waste water) into a public wastewater plant (indirect discharge), a permit is usually required in Germany, insofar as the Wastewater Ordinance specifies requirements for the wastewater for the location of the seizure or before its mixing. The authorisation is granted by the competent authorities of each country.

For those sectors and activities (such as .B chemical industry, paper production, metal processing, cooling water use) in which pollutants are to be expected in the wastewater that are not sufficiently purified in a municipal sewage treatment plant, the legislator has defined requirements in the industry-specific annexes to the Wastewater Ordinance.

In order to comply with these requirements, special measures and wastewater pretreatment plants are required to reduce the pollutant load in such a way that the wastewater can then be cleaned without damage in a public sewage treatment plant.

Authorisation may be granted (discretion) if:

  • the requirements applicable to discharge in accordance with the Waste Water Ordinance in its current version, including the general requirements (general requirements, requirements for the place of occurrence and before mixing) are complied with.
  • the fulfilment of the requirements for direct discharge is not jeopardised, and
  • construct and operate waste water installations or other facilities necessary to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in points 1 and 2

The required documentation depends on the wastewater (industrial wastewater, commercial wastewater) to be discharged into the public sewage system.

An administrative fee must be paid to the respective federal state for the administrative performance of the permit. The administration fee is based on the respective state law provisions on the administrative fees.

The application must be submitted at an early stage, as wastewater may only be discharged into a public sewage plant with a permit.

You must submit the application at least one month before the initiation.

Contact your county's water authority or county-level city.

The description and execution of the individual forms varies from one federal state to another. Generally formulated, there are application forms, checklists and information sheets as declarations or forms.

  • If applicable, link to the aforementioned forms: State specific
  • Online procedure possible: State specific
  • Written form required: State specific
  • Personal appearance necessary: State specific

Online procedure: no

Written form required: yes

Personal appearance: no

  • Authority explains the approval procedure for indirect discharge
  • You submit the application documents.
  • Authority checks your application documents. If documents are missing, the authority will ask you to submit these documents later.
  • You submit the missing documents.
  • Authority examines subsequently submitted documents
  • Authority prepares the permit.
  • You will receive the approval notice for indirect initiation.
  • You pay the administration fee costs.

Ministry of the Environment, Energy, Food and Forestry Rhineland-Palatinate

State Office for Environmental Protection Saxony-Anhalt

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Landkreis Harz - Sachgebiet Untere Wasserbehörde
Friedrich-Ebert-Straße 42
38820 Halberstadt, Stadt
Monday:08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Tuesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Wednesday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00
Thursday08:00 - 12:00
13:00 - 16:00