jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a driver's license to carry passengers


If you transport passengers in a motor vehicle and a permit is required for this transport in accordance with the Passenger Transport Act, you need a driver's license for passenger transport (FzF) in addition to the general driver's license. The same applies if you transport passengers in an ambulance on a paid or business basis.

A driver's license for passenger transport (FzF) is not required for

  1. Ambulances of the German Federal Armed Forces, the German Federal Police, the police as well as the troops and the civilian entourage of the other signatory states of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO),
  2. ambulances of the Civil Protection, if they are used for its purpose,
  3. ambulances of fire departments and rescue services recognized by state law.

If you hold a class D or D1 driver's license, you need a FzF only if you drive a cab.

  • EU or EEA driving license required for driving the vehicle.
  • Minimum age: 21 years;
    if restricted to ambulances: 19 years of age
  • personal reliability
  • mental and physical fitness
  • sufficient eyesight
  • possession of an EU/EEA Class B driving license (or equivalent) for at least two years (at least one year if the FzF is restricted to ambulances) or two years of possession of the driving license within the last five years
  • if the FzF is to apply to ambulances: Participation in a training course in first aid
  • if the FzF is to apply to cabs: Passing of a local knowledge test
  • official proof of place and date of birth (e.g. identity card, passport)
  • Current certificate of registration, if applicable
  • EU/EEA driving license
  • Proof that the requirements for eyesight are met,
  • Proof of physical and mental fitness
  • Certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority (service description in Hessenfinder)
  • Current information from the driver suitability register

If the FzF is to apply to cabs, additionally:

  • Proof of the required local knowledge by means of a certificate from a suitable authority.

If the FzF is to apply to ambulances additionally:

  • Proof of participation in a training course in first aid.

The fee is based on the Fee Regulations for Road Traffic Measures (GebOSt).

Hessian Ministry of Economics, Energy, Transport and Housing

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found