jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for a declaration of disability


Are you affected by a disability and have had health problems for more than 6 months? Then, under certain conditions, you can apply for a declaration of your disability.

As a result of the examination, you may be found to have a degree of disability. If the examination of the required documents shows a degree of disability of 50 or more, you can be issued a severely disabled person's pass.

In the course of the examination, you may be found to have special health restrictions in addition to the degree of disability. If applicable, the corresponding marks will be entered in the severely disabled person's pass.

The following marks can be recognized by the competent authority and entitle you to further compensation for disadvantages:

  • G – significant impairment of mobility in road traffic
  • aG – exceptional walking disability
  • H – Helplessness
  • B – Entitlement to constant accompaniment when using public transport
  • RF – Reduction of licence fees and/or reduction of telephone connection fees
  • GL – Deafness
  • BL – Blindness
  • TBL – Deafblindness
  • Your health is so impaired for more than 6 months that it makes it difficult or impossible for you to participate in social life.
  • Your health impairments are documented by medical documents.
  • informal application for a declaration of disability
  • Application form of the competent body
  • if available:
    • other evidence of the degree of disability (e.g. pension notice or corresponding administrative or court decision)
    • relevant medical documents, e.g. expert opinions
  • in case of representation: power of attorney or ID of the supervisor
  • for applicants without citizenship of an EU Member State: proof of legal residence

There are no costs.

There is no deadline.

  • Contradiction
  • Complaint

You can request the determination of disability in writing:

  • Submit the application to the competent authority.
  • After the application has been submitted, the documents submitted by you will be examined.
  • If necessary, the competent authority independently requests further documents in order to clarify the medical facts.
  • After checking your documents, you will receive a notification from the competent authority determining any degree of disability and any signs of disability for you.

Although an informal application is possible, you will subsequently need the completed application form.

Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found