jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for recognition of a foreign professional qualification in the field of home economics and family care


You can have a qualification in home economics and family care from abroad officially recognized in Germany. The procedure for recognition is called: equivalence assessment.

  • You have a state-recognized professional qualification from abroad. Informal or non-formal qualifications cannot be officially recognized in Germany.
  • Your professional qualification is equivalent.
  • You want to work in the federal state.
  • Application form
  • Curriculum vitae in tabular form
  • Proof of identity (identity card or passport)
  • Proof of your professional qualification (e.g. certificates, professional certificate)
  • Proof of training
  • Proof of professional experience in home economics and family care
  • Proof of other relevant knowledge
  • If you have already submitted an application for an equivalence assessment, please state the office to which you applied.
  • If you do not yet live or work in the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you must provide proof of the following: You want to work in the profession in Germany. Proof can be, for example, applications for a job, invitations to job interviews or a location note from the Central Service Center for Professional Recognition (ZSBA).

If your documents are not in German, you must submit German translations of your documents. The translations must be made by translators who are publicly appointed or authorized.

Fee: 25,00 - 600,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No
The fees are based on the cost of the recognition procedure.

Processing Time: 3 Months
The responsible office will confirm receipt of your application within one month. The responsible office will inform you if further documents are required. If you have submitted all the required documents, you will receive a decision with the result after 3 months at the latest. In certain cases, the competent body may extend the procedure.

You can take legal action against the decision of the competent authority within a certain period of time (for example, by lodging an objection). The decision will then be reviewed. Details can be found in the information on legal remedies at the end of your decision. You should first speak to the responsible office before taking legal action against the decision.

You submit an application for equivalence assessment to the competent authority. You must submit all the necessary documents in the form of officially certified copies to the competent authority.

The competent body will then check whether your foreign professional qualification is equivalent to the professional qualification in the federal state. The competent body compares the qualifications using certain criteria. Important criteria are the content and duration of the training. The competent body also takes into account your professional experience, your other certificates of competence and qualifications when carrying out the equivalence check.

You will receive a notification with the result of the procedure. You will receive recognition if your professional qualification and the professional qualification in the federal state are equivalent.

Sometimes there are significant differences between the professional qualifications. The differences are listed in your notification. You can use this decision to obtain further qualifications and later submit a new application for equivalence assessment.

If your professional qualification is not equivalent at all, you will not receive recognition.

You can also apply for equivalence assessment from abroad.

Ministry of Education Saxony-Anhalt

Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found