jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Applying for support from an integration service for a person with disabilities


In certain cases, the rehabilitation providers can commission specialist integration services to provide services for participation in working life.

The specialist integration service will help you to find new employment or to secure your existing employment relationship if the responsible rehabilitation provider has commissioned it accordingly.

If your employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider, it will also cover the costs incurred by commissioning the specialist integration service.

The specialist integration service will provide you with individual support and guidance during the placement process. This includes, among other things

  • working with you to develop achievable career goals and supporting you in your search for a suitable job or training position,
  • finding a suitable job or training position for you and preparing you for the job or training position,
  • supports and accompanies you during the induction period.

In the case of career support, the specialist integration service will help you with problems at your place of work or training. This includes, for example

  • Support and training at your place of work or training,
  • advice if the work organization or working conditions in your company change, or
  • advice or negotiations with various levels of the company.

There is a nationwide network of specialist integration services. There is at least one such service in every district of an employment agency.

  • You have a disability and your rehabilitation provider is the Federal Employment Agency.
  • Due to the nature or severity of your disability, your prospects of participating in working life or participating in working life again are not only temporarily reduced and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
    • Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same occupational consequences.
  • You need special support in finding employment or securing your existing job or training position.

Please ask your advisor which documents you need in detail when you contact them.

Processing usually takes several weeks. Once the benefit has been approved, the aim is to commission the specialist integration service and start the measure as soon as possible in consultation with the service.

Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective decision.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: Yes
Online services available: Yes

In order for you to be supported by an integration service, you must contact your employment agency. Please take the following steps:

  • Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team at your employment agency
  • If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
  • In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether support from the specialist integration service is an option for you.
  • If your advisor determines that support from a specialist integration service will help you to participate in working life, they will commission a specialist integration service for you.
  • Your advisor will also discuss the forms you need to complete with you. You can also complete the documents online.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.