jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Register as unemployed


If you register as unemployed, you are generally deemed to have applied for unemployment benefit unless you make a declaration to the contrary. Separate documents are required to apply for unemployment benefit.

It is therefore important that you submit your application at the latest on the 1st day of your unemployment

  • register as unemployed electronically in the specialist portal of the Federal Employment Agency or
  • come to your local employment agency to register as unemployed in person.

You can also register as unemployed earlier. However, this is legally possible at the earliest 3 months before you become unemployed.

Please note: Unemployment benefit is paid at the earliest from the day on which you register as unemployed.

It is not a problem if the employment agency is closed at weekends or on public holidays, for example, and you are therefore unable to register as unemployed on the first day after the end of your employment. If you register as unemployed on the next day on which the Employment Agency is open again, your unemployment registration will apply retroactively.

If your unemployment is interrupted for more than 6 weeks, for example because you have found a job or are doing an internship, your unemployment registration is no longer valid. If you are then unemployed again, you must register as unemployed again.

The effect of the unemployment registration expires if you take up gainful employment - regardless of its duration - and have not informed your employment agency of this immediately.

If you are temporarily unable to work and the employment agency is not open on the first day of your recovery, you should register as unemployed on the last day of your incapacity to work at the latest. Otherwise you could suffer disadvantages.
If you are receiving sickness benefit and your health insurance fund has informed you that this entitlement will expire and you cannot resume your previous employment, you can register as unemployed even if you are still on sick leave.
If you are ill or have other health restrictions and are unable to register as unemployed in person, you can also appoint a representative to do this for you. However, you must then report to your employment agency in person as soon as the reason for your incapacity no longer applies. Alternatively, you can of course also make use of the option of electronic unemployment registration.

You are unemployed or you are likely to become unemployed within the next 3 months.

Electronic unemployment registration:

  • ID document with online ID function, the free AusweisApp2 and a smartphone or card reader.

Personal unemployment registration:

  • Identity card with current registration address
  • Passport/replacement document in conjunction with a current registration certificate

There is no deadline. To avoid disadvantages, you should register as unemployed on the first day of unemployment at the latest.

Usually about 10 minutes.

Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes

Electronic unemployment registration:

  • Register as unemployed electronically in the specialist portal of the Federal Employment Agency and book an appointment for a personal interview with your placement specialist.

Personal unemployment registration:

You must register as unemployed in person at the employment agency responsible for your place of residence:

  • Visit your local employment agency in person during opening hours and bring an identification document with your current registration address, for example your identity card. You do not need to make an appointment.
  • You will receive the information you need to apply for unemployment benefit and, if necessary, an appointment with your placement specialist. You can apply for unemployment benefit on the website of the Federal Employment Agency.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Start your request directly online:

No authority found