jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply to the Jobcenter for work aids for people with disabilities in training and employment


Individual employment assistance supports people with disabilities in training or employment. The job center will coordinate the support with you as the employer for your company.

Examples of work aids are access ramps, sanitary facilities or conversions in the company. The costs of work aids also include the necessary ancillary costs, for example planning costs, fees and expert costs. Once a subsidy has been granted, your company becomes the owner of the work aid.

Depending on your decision, the Jobcenter can cover all or part of the costs of the work aid for you.

Subsidies for work aids for people with disabilities are a matter of discretion; you do not have a legal claim to them.

Under the following conditions, you as an employer can receive a subsidy from the Jobcenter for work aids in the company:

  • The work aid is necessary for the permanent participation of the person with disabilities in working life.
  • You do not have to bear the costs of the work aid yourself. As an employer, you are generally responsible for ensuring that the workplace is suitable for people with disabilities and people with equivalent disabilities.
  • It would be unreasonable or disproportionately expensive for you to implement the work aid.
  • The work aid is also required for a disabled-friendly workplace or training place.
  • The person for whom the job aid is intended has a disability or is at risk of becoming disabled.
  • The employment agency is the responsible rehabilitation provider for the person with a (potential) disability. This usually applies to people before initial vocational training and if no other rehabilitation provider (e.g. employers' liability insurance association or German pension insurance) is responsible.
  • Application form
  • Cost estimate
  • Employment or training contract of the person with disabilities
  • Invoice (to be submitted after the application has been submitted)

Please refer to the application form to find out which documents are required in your case.

Please note that you must submit the application before you buy the work aid, sign a purchase contract or start the extension or conversion work.

Appeal to the Jobcenter that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective notification.

You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency responsible for you via the office finder.

Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: No

You can only apply for work assistance for people with disabilities in training and employment in writing:

  • Get in touch with your contact person at the Jobcenter.
  • Together you can discuss which work aids are available.
  • The application documents will either be sent to you by post or handed to you in person. If you have any questions when completing the applications, please get in touch with your contact person.
  • Submit the documents with the required evidence to the Jobcenter.
  • The job center will check whether the person with disabilities can become the owner of the job aid so that they can take the job aid with them to their next job/employer.
    • In this case, the funding for the job aid would go to the person with disabilities and be processed with them.
  • The Jobcenter checks the necessary scope of the work aids. It will also check whether an inspection of the workplace is necessary.
  • You will receive a provisional written decision as to whether the assistance you have applied for will be approved.
  • If it is approved, you purchase the work aids for your company and submit the invoice to the Jobcenter.
  • Finally, you will receive a notice of approval for the specific benefit.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found