jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for exemption from capital gains tax


In certain cases, you can avoid the tax deduction on investment income from the outset:

Exemption order

If your taxable investment income does not exceed €801 per annum, or €1,602 for married couples/life partners assessed jointly, an exemption order to your bank is sufficient to avoid the bank deducting tax on investment income.

You can also distribute the saver's lump sum of €801/€1,602 among several credit institutions. Within a credit institution, it is not permissible to limit the exemption order to individual accounts or securities accounts.

Non-assessment certificate (NV certificate)

If your income including investment income does not exceed the basic exemption amount for income tax in the calendar year, you can apply for a non-assessment certificate from your local tax office. The non-assessment certificate will then be sent to you by the tax office.

Once you have presented the non-assessment certificate to your bank, the bank can pay out the investment income without deducting tax. Please bear in mind that you will need a copy for each bank from which you receive investment income.

A non-assessment certificate will not be issued if you are likely to be assessed for income tax or if you apply for it. Therefore, you will not receive a non-assessment certificate if the tax office has determined that you have a remaining loss deduction.

The non-assessment certificate is issued subject to revocation for a maximum period of three years and must end at the end of a calendar year.

  • Identification number (you must provide your identification number (of both spouses/life partners, if applicable)).
  • Proof of the right of disposal
  • If legal representatives apply for a non-assessment certificate for a minor child, this application must be accompanied by proof that the child's capital assets are involved (e.g. the children's right of disposal over the accounts).

Contact the tax office responsible for you. You can determine this using the tax office search on the website of the Federal Central Tax Office. However, you can also contact the bank.

  • Exemption order - application according to officially prescribed model (available from the bank).
  • Application for the issue of a non-assessment certificate (form NV 1 A).

Ministry of Finance Rhineland-Palatinate

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

Further Authorities
Finanzamt Magdeburg
Tessenowstraße 10
39114 Magdeburg, Landeshauptstadt
+49 391 88512
+49 391 8851000

Remark: Registration/Login - Attachments are possible

Remark: Messages with a tax reference - no attachments possible

Remark: Messages without tax reference - no attachments possible