jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Request voluntary status clarification


If you work as a contractor, but have to be treated as an employee in your contractual relationship, you may be a dependent employee or pseudo-self-employed. In this case, you are subject to social security contributions.

If you or your clients are unsure whether your work is dependent employment or self-employment, you can have your status under social insurance law checked at the so-called clearing office of the German Pension Insurance Association.

The status determination procedure provides you with legal certainty as to whether you are self-employed or employed. You can apply for status determination both as a contractor and as a client.

  • You can apply for a status determination if you are a contractor or contracting entity.
  • Application for status determination
  • contractual agreements on the activity for which the employment status is to be determined

There are no costs for you.

There is no deadline.

  • Objection. Detailed information can be found in the notification.
  • Action before the Social Court. Detailed information can be found in the notice of appeal.

Forms available: Yes

Written form required: No

Informal application possible: No

Personal appearance required: No

Online services available: Yes

You can submit your application online, in person, or in writing.

Online application:

  • On the website of the German Pension Insurance Federation (DRV Bund) under "Online Services" you will find detailed information on the process.
  • If you follow the link "Submit application", you will be guided through the further steps and can select the desired application.
  • Alternatively, you can use the online services with registration. For example, you can see right away which insurance periods have already been recorded. You also save time and do not have to re-enter data you already know.
  • Complete the application in full and upload the required documents.
  • Submit your application online.
  • You will receive a confirmation of submission.
  • The responsible pension insurance institution will review your application.
  • You will receive a decision on your application.

In-person application:

  • Compile the necessary documents for your application and make an appointment with the DRV Bund by phone.
  • During your personal meeting, your application will be recorded electronically and forwarded online to the responsible pension insurance agency.
  • The responsible pension insurance agency will review your application.
  • You will receive a decision on your application.

Written application:

  • Go to the website of the DRV Bund.
  • Download the application form you need.
  • You can also pick up the form in person at the information and advice centers.
  • Fill out and sign the application form and attach the required documents.
  • Send all documents by mail to your pension insurance institution or hand them in at one of the local advice centers.
  • The responsible pension insurance institution will review your application.
  • You will receive a decision on your application.

A person you trust can also submit your application on your behalf. For this purpose, please submit a power of attorney to the pension insurance company. As long as the power of attorney is valid, the pension insurance company will only contact the person you have authorized.

If you give your consent to electronic communication, all correspondence can be done online. Either use the electronic mailbox under online services with registration or De-Mail.

Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found