jump link

citizen service


You enter your place of residence or the place where you want to contact the administration or use the location sensing.

Enter words here that describe what you are looking for (e.B. cut a tree) or a matter for citizens and companies (e.B. house construction, marriage).
Source: BUS Sachsen-Anhalt (Linie6PLus)

Apply for a temporary passport


A temporary machine-readable passport is only issued if the time itself for issuing an express passport (production time on weekdays within 72 hours) is too short and it can no longer be handed over in time before the first use. The urgency must be proven on the basis of own documents. The validity is limited to the maximum duration of 12 months.

  • a valid identity card (passport, identity card, children's ID card, children's passport),
  • a current photo in passport format (45 x 35 mm), portrait format, frontal shot without edge, without headgear and without covering the eyes (biometric photo),
  • Your previous passport,
  • Your birth certificate,
  • when applying for a child :
    • Identification of the custodian present,
    • the declaration of consent and a copy of the identity card of the non-present guardian,
    • proof of custody in the case of only one legal guardian.
  • When first issuing or moving to a municipality, further documents such as civil status certificates or nationality certificates may be required. Please inform yourself in advance at the responsible office.

Fee: 26,00 EUR
Payment in advance: No

An extension of the validity period is not possible.

Period of Validity: 1 Year

Processing Time: 0 Day
Processing is usually immediate

The responsibility lies with the municipality and the city in which your main residence is.

You must make a personal appearance to apply for your passport (e-passport). The application is completed on site with the processor. All you have to do is sign.

The personal interview is indispensable because of the handwritten signature on the application form and the identity check. The identity can be proven by an official photo ID. This is usually the identity card or the previous passport.

On the other hand, the passport can also be picked up by a written representative who must identify himself.

It is not allowed to change the name in the temporary passport retrospectively.

The loss of a temporary passport must be reported immediately.

Information on the entry requirements of various countries as well as further information on the destination can be found on the website of the Federal Foreign Office.

The text was automatically translated based on the German content.

No authority found